Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Gallbladder Removal - Dietary Restrictions?

I just had my gallbladder removed last friday. I was just wondering, does anyone know if there are any dietary restrictions. My doctor said I can have what I want as long as I can tolerate it. That just does not sound right to me. If the gallbladder is responsible for aiding in the digestion of fat, won't fatty foods cause a problem? Iam afraid to eat anything. I was throwing up so violently before the surgery, I just don't want it to happen again. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
Hi There
I dont think I can advise you on you diet, but I really could do with some advice from you. I am booked in to have my gall bladder removed in 5 months. I am really nervous about the surgery. The surgeon says I am having keyhole surgery. Can you tell me how you feel after the operation. I am scared incase I vomit or they stick tubes down into my stomach.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....