It would be so nice if there was something to make u go into labor. I heard that going down a bumpy road can make u go into labor and I didnt even know that and here I was in a field in a vehicle and boy was it bumpy. I was out there cuz my bf was in the field hunting and we had to get the deer. I was freakin out that it was so bumpy cuz I thought the baby could get shakin baby syndrome! Lol I know im weird. And if sex makes u go into labor. Im so sick of being pregnant. I just want to not be pregnant. Im 37 weeks and the doc. Said anytime I can go into labor.....But nothing is going on...Except for those pains I had last night-i posted something on here about that too..What else can cause someone to go into labor?? I found a website on things that can make u go into labor but I dont know if they are safe-like castor oil is supposed to make u go into labor...Is that safe? Has anyone taken that when uve been pregnant and u went into labor??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2005
Experienced User
I have a friend that knows exactly how you're feeling right now. She's 39 weeks and heard that having sex can cause labor but in her case its not working apparently. I'm sure she's wearing out her husband because he actually said yesterday that if he ever has sex again its going to be too soon lol. Her dr told her that she could go for a long walk, or sometimes giving your house a good cleaning might do it, she also said something about eating spicey food :?. Or drinking some kind of tea...I can't remember what kind though. Sorry. I know it seems like that baby is going to be in there forever but before you know it he'll be here.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I believe it is raspberry tea, softens cervix. Prescribed to my daughter from her .Dr.

Cator oil is bad makes you get the shyts--
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think everything is just a myth.

You should let your body go into labor instead of trying to push it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Rae_o6
How are you doing??

Have you tried any of the wives tales yet??
Did anything work at all?

Always

jo
|

Extremely eHealthy
They're called wives tales for a reason.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Raspberry tea, oil of primrose do soften cervix, but you have to be ready to deliver. Both of these are prescribed by .Dr's.
|

replied December 12th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah.. I drank castor oil, and all it gave me was the $hits too. It literally came out the same way it went it. Oil. It looked like I poured a container of baby oil in the toilet. I know that sounds extermely grose...But anything that comes out that end,, aint pretty anyways!!
|

Experienced User
I am 38 wks today, I want to go into labor now also. I went to the doctor last weeks and was asking how I could move things along. He said it takes time, and then the midwife said to drink castroil w/coke cola, but my husband asked me not to. The doctor told him he did not agree with what the mid wife said. The doctor told him it would jsut make me sick. So since its his son too, I have to respect his wishes, so today I went to kroger and got grocerys and walked as much as I could then I went to wal-mart and walked some more, and I have been haveing sex & just got bad cramps and hot flashes. So if anyone has any ideas on how we can push this baby out let me know. Being pregnant is not bad he is a good baby he does not hurt me or make me uncomfortable, I just want him to be here in my arms, I am so ready to see his face, I am even ready to hurt like hella just so I can see his beutiful face.
|

Experienced User
Oh yeah I am not even sure if he has dropped and I dont even think I have lost my mucus plug, when I go to the bathroom at night I dont turn on the lights so I am not sure if it came out during the night time visits to the bathroom . The doctor said that my cervix was 50% thinned. What do yall think do you thnk I have lost it yet? Hmm who knows
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...