Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Hot Flushes...for Men???!!!!

Hi
i'm a 19 year old student and seem to get these weird hot flush symptons most of the time. It happens especially when I go from say the cold outdoors to say a well heated room. I get this prickly sensation all over my face chest and shoulders. It seems like my body has trouble adjusting to sudden differences in external temperature. Now I do hav a poor lifestyle: I drink, smoke and dont do enough exercise, then again so do the majority of the student population!! If I had to guess it feels like my body is tryin to sweat to cool me down but just cant seem to do it.
This ring any bells with anyone? Or do I simply have to ammend my wicked ways?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with anxiety disorder.I would suggest you to have thyroid function tests to rule out organic cause. If organic cause was not found then consult psychiatrist to evaluate you for anxiety.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Flu basics - what is the flu? Get started here to learn how to protect yourself....
Who is at risk of developing flu related complications? Can people die from the flu? More on risk factors here....
We answer your questions on flu symptoms here. How are cold and flu symptoms different? When should you seek medical help for flu? Plus more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.