Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Hypersensitive, Odd Thinking, Cronic Worry - Help Me!

I dont know where to go. Im posting here because its anonymous.

Im really tired of being weird! About 3 years ago, I started getting panic attacks. At that time I was using marijuana, having trouble with friendships and relationships, and graduating from college. At that time, I also found my biodad who I learned was schizophrenic. I think all of these factors combined made me get panic attacks.

They lasted only a couple of months and once I graduated from college I never got them again. I have, however, maintained this constant worry, anxiety and hypersensitivity to people and stimulants. I cant drink coffee anymore or I get really feeling crazy and out of control in my mind, today I got to cold and I couldnt even think straight while everyone else seemed to function just fine I was feeling like I was on another planet.

Ive always had social anxiety, but its still with me. When im with people I get very paranoid and I really feel bizzarre! People can feel it though and I make everyone feel uneasy around me. No, im not just thinking this is happening I know its happening. There can be a room full of people and I walk in and everyone will be silent. Its really rather strange.

It might have to do with the fact that my eyes are as big as saucers. I have had these big sensitive eyes since the panic attacks happened. Its like, when I look at people I really look at them like in a way that is invasive. I dont mean to, but I do. I never had this problem before and its hard to keep my eyes to myself. Its hard to keep to myself when I am looking at someone. Does that make sense? My glance and look is very strong. Its hard to explain, but it makes me feel out of my mind and not normal. People will avert their eyes from me or not look at me at all. What is wrong with me and why am I like this?

Another thing that is happening lately is embarassing. Its like, I am concentrating on peoples genitals. Like, in my subconscious mind this happens. I will be talking with someone and I recognize their crotch instead of their face. It makes me feel like a pervert and a freak! People can feel it and it makes them feel uncomfortable which in turn makes me feel comfomfortable. This also, has been happening for 2-3 years.

I have constant worry and anxiety. I have been having nightmares and bad dreams for the same period 2-3 years. It is very rare that I have a good dream, and in fact I havent had a good dream since I can remember.

On top of all that, I have depression. Sometimes its not so bad, but sometimes it gets to the point of feeling low and not wanting to move. A lot though stems from all the points above. I want to be socially normal but even when I act less shy and go out in public, I have strange thoughts like looking at peoples crotches and only concentrating on that to my overly sensitive eyes. I notice everyone around me and im way to sensitive to everything.

I just want to feel stable again! Please help me!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper SoManyPerspectives
|

replied December 11th, 2005
You Sound Almost Identical to Me
I also started having panic attacks my sophomore year of college right after smoking marijuana while I was going though a break up. My mother also had a schizophrenic episode which I knew about and I didnt know what a panic attack was so I immediately thought I was crazy. So I contintued to have th panic attacks and constant worry about everything, especially that people would notice how crazy I felt. Now I can't drink coffee cuz I feel crazy, cold weather makes me shake like crazy and I cant think, but I actually have trouble concentrating all the time. I feel like i'm in another world all the time, I dont know if its the zolft I just started over a month ago or what, but I feel like i'm on the verge of losing it. Alcohol and cigarettes don't affect me anymore...Its like I cant even feel them...Jeez I could go on and on.. Well you are not alone...Stay strong and if you ever want to talk hit me up...Good luck
|

replied December 14th, 2005
Re: You Sound Almost Identical to Me
Jake20, sounds like with both suffer from some kind of anxiety disorder. I think im getting better and I hope you are too. There are healthy ways to cope with anxiety and stress. The worst thing is not talking about it and keeping it all to ourselves. Sounds like youve told some ppl now.

Im glad you can relate, makes me feel so much better to know im not alone in feeling all strange sometimes and all stressed out. Its funny what our minds do when we are under pressure.

I extend my hand to you too. If you need to talk, pm me.

To being stress free! (or less stressed)

jake20 wrote:
i also started having panic attacks my sophomore year of college right after smoking marijuana while I was going though a break up. My mother also had a schizophrenic episode which I knew about and I didnt know what a panic attack was so I immediately thought I was crazy. So I contintued to have th panic attacks and constant worry about everything, especially that people would notice how crazy I felt. Now I can't drink coffee cuz I feel crazy, cold weather makes me shake like crazy and I cant think, but I actually have trouble concentrating all the time. I feel like i'm in another world all the time, I dont know if its the zolft I just started over a month ago or what, but I feel like i'm on the verge of losing it. Alcohol and cigarettes don't affect me anymore...Its like I cant even feel them...Jeez I could go on and on.. Well you are not alone...Stay strong and if you ever want to talk hit me up...Good luck
|

replied January 1st, 2006
Ok, What Happens?
I have almost identical situation to both of you. I used to be into marijuana heavy, not to mention xanax and occasional heroin. I have stopped all that and have been clean for more than a year. My problem is that after I stopped I started having severe panic attacks, so much so that I would black out for a few seconds if I wasn't able to go outside and get fresh air. My eyes get really crazy, people tell me I look like i'm lost. In all honesty I am. I'm completely lost, the only thought in my mind is, "how do I get out of here really fast?" it happens sometimes even when i'm alone. Sometimes it gets so bad that I can't breath and I just have to go outside, even at home alone. I have became intensely afraid of going back to the hospital (i was in the hospital for 11 days due to pancreantitis(?)). Now I check my sugar almost compulsively. Last night within an hour I had checked my sugar 41 times. My arms and hands look like I have chicken pox because of all the sticking i've done. I break down and cry and it depresses me, I need serious help but can't afford it. I have no other choice than to talk to people who may have a similiar issue. Help me somehow...
|

replied September 20th, 2009
wow...well im going to a psychiatrist starting just recently because i think i may have asperger's syndrome or some sort of social anxiety. its so wierd. for the longest time i had no problems and then i broke up with my ex of 8 months, smoked a lot of pot, and became depressed. ever since then ive always been sensitive to noise, people, lights....and i just feel like wierd. like tht ppl r judging me, th'll ill embarass myself. i can really relate to the 1st poster about the crotch part too. i never used to be worried about whether im looking at a person'c crotch or not...it would just be normal for me to not worry about that or to not do it. but then one day it happenned...i realized it and it suddenly became wierd. there was a period where i worried about it a lot but now it seesm smuch better. that first time it happened it got so bad that i crashed my car into a cement pole backing out of a parking lot coz all i was thinking abt is why i looked at my friend's crotch. i feel like a wierd, creepy pervert...i sometimes dont noe what to do. i feel like i have no control over my eyes sometimes. i like have to keep repeating positive manstras over and over again in my heasd or i dont noe wht ill do. the skrink says i most likely have social anxiety...maybe asperger's and most likely a disorder whereby my weed addiction makes me loose motivation/focus...... so i dont noe...its hard
|

replied November 22nd, 2009
I have had the same symptoms Ladybug76 and Jake20 mention. And I managed to get over them. Here's what I did.
I smoked a lot of pot, took a lot of X, and coke and everything in between during my college years. For many years I was fine, until one day, the nightmare begun. First I became very shy and nervous around people. When I walked into a room full of people I felt uneasy and thought I made everyone feel uneasy as well. Coffee was the worst nightmare, and Coca cola started becoming a problem as well. I also went through the uncontrolled thoughts about a the other person's crotch, and when at a dinner table, knives were a problem in my mind as well. It even got to the point where it seemed people were reading my mind and responding real-time to my very thoughts.. Things got way out of hand, and I went to three shrinks to see if they could help. The first two provided me with a bunch of harder drugs than the ones I was taking, that turned me into a zombie. And the third one, after hearing my story, gave me back my money and told me that there was no way I could join one of his therapy groups because I would de-stabilize the entire group.. (now I laugh at this) It was at this point that I decided to take matters into my own hands, and get well once and for all. I read a lot of experiences, and decided that the way to go was to detox, and lead a healthy lifestyle.
I did several fasts ranging from three days to 30 days. By fasting I mean water, lemon juice and maple syrup for the first 10 days only, then only water. Fasting was very scary, and unpleasant, but after several one and two week fasts, and lots of exercise and healthy eating, I began to feel much better. I also started going to church, since it got so out of hand, it was very scary stuff. This also helped me a lot, specially in my deeper levels of consciousness. After a year of taking care of myself, and detoxing and exercising a lot, all the symptoms were gone.
I arrived at the conclusion that toxins build up in our system, and that we need to flush them out somehow. Also that exercise is extremely important. And that if you add paranoia and fear to the equation, things follow a downward spiral. If you want to feel good around people, and in any situation, you have to lead a healthy lifestyle. Obsession with your condition only makes things worse, and that alone can make you feel otherworldly and detached from reality. Those of you that have panic attacks know what I mean..
The only way that I know that actually works to get you back to normal, is to detox, cleanse, exercise and diet properly for a few months. You'd be surprised at the results.. A shrink or a pill given by a shrink or any advice read on the internet, will not rid you of the problem. I learnt that myself..
Complete health involves all aspects of your life. Your diet, how much exercise you do, your friends and relationships, your work, love in your life, and your spirituality..
When you begin to feel bad again, its just a sign that you have to clean up, sober up, shape up and straighten up..
|

replied May 24th, 2011
I know it's been a while since any of you have posted, but I needed to reply. I think this post will help me a lot. My anxiety sometimes makes me feel like no one could possibly understand how terrifying my experiences are when I'm having an attack, but it helps to know that there really are other people in the same boat.

I smoked weed for years with no problems. Had a lot of fun. Then I started to feel nervous when I would smoke. Eating was hard. Driving was too. I had discomfort in my chest. It got to a point where I would smoke and have to walk back and forth between rooms, constantly moving, just to stay sane. My brain would go into hyperdrive. It honestly felt like I was, like you said, on another planet. Then I thought, "well, edibles would be okay," but they weren't. I had the worst night of my life at a movie theater because of them. Stayed in the bathroom the whole time, huddled in a stall talking to myself to calm myself down. I could not go to the theater because my body and mind were hypersensitive to the loud sounds and stimulating images. Now I can't go to any movie in a theater without experiencing anxiety symptoms. It takes a lot of effort just to stay in the room.

With or without weed it still happens. During an attack, I get shaky, my hands feel tingly, my eyelid twiches, my heartrate feels irregular, i tap my feet, and my mind decides to think heavily on mortality, time, and space. It sometimes feels like my brain is trying to think about EVERYTHING at once, analyzing every little object as if it holds some huge symbolic meaning. I love my life and am grateful for my mortality and short time in the universe, so I am going to take Gordoalac's advice and start taking better care of my body. It's time I make a conscious effort to better my physical and mental well-being. A healthy body is a healthy mind, and I encourage anyone with anxiety to remember that. It may take some adjustment, but won't it be worth it?
|

replied May 5th, 2010
What will it take
I have read the firts post and can commit to the feeling and know how it feels to be wierd in a crowd. While I was in college I use to smoke alot of herb, it has been 12 years know, and when I tell you I been thru hell, I been thru hell. The episodes I had ranging from post-pardum, uncle scizophrenic, family always there but kept getting in the way. I have an education, but I need more schooling but my will says wait. It seems like I''m still dying. The funny thing is when I go to the beach , I have to position my blanket and other articles in a particular way unless I will literally fall out of my soul. I believe I am very hypersensitive. I feel alot, and get annoyed alot, but I learn how to control it. I have to stay humble most of the times. As for me I take it in strides and hope I end up at the bay just chilling. But as far as the crouch syndrome , I go to the measures that when I was cooking for a friend, my vagina was squirming in her food.Thank God she''s gone.
|

replied March 18th, 2013
I feel really hypersenisitve in my mind. It's like I can see everything in an inner core spectrum. Feel as tho it has become more understood that my anxiety and post tramatic stress have lead me to over thinking. I'm untying my thoughts about myself and life. Existence, religion, the planets. The inner connectedness of the universe. What was first just anxiety and craziness/panic attacks is now getting better. Still get weird sometimes but I tend to play it off well. I have a good sense of humor. I think its more spiritual. My mind is trying to figure things out and its all falling into place. When the birds fly over my car. Things ppl say at the right moment. I feel confirmations all around me I'm on the right path. Signals from the earth. I know I sounds crazy but I don't care anymore. There's more to life than suffering and I'm determined to take that challenge. I've been delving into astrology, Zen, synchronicity, feng shui, etc. All while still believing in my religion. I've been through a lot and there's a plan for it all. There is hope if u see it. If u can't, than keep hanging on. It will find u. Until then. We can all be nuts together. This world is full of nuts. Just start thinking positive. Take deep breaths from ur stomach, not ur chest. Deep long breathing is healing for anxiety. U can get tapes for meditation and relaxation. I want to save the world and I'm trying to get unstuck in lifes delemas so I just work and drink a few beers and sleep. My schedule is so crazy my sleeping pattern is redic. I used to do a lot of different drugs. I was able to get away from all that after a bad shroom trip. U would think the bad acid trip would have done the trick. Or the meth, coke, ecstasy, and liquor come downs and hang overs I used to get. I think it all made me a little crazy. And the brain washing from a cult I was in 10 years ago. Which is the cause of it all. I swore I would be dead or in a nut house by the time I was 30. I'm 24 and healing. Would like to eventually quit the beer, but it helps with my sleep for now. There is hope. This life is more meaningful than we can see. I can see it. I cam see how much God loves me to create such an intricately detailed life for me. It's been a lot of bad, but also a lot of good. I just keep holding on and praying. And God is guiding me everyday in the right direction. Life is what u make it. U can be anything u want. U can change ur circumstances is u first change urself. Even if u have to force urself to look at the bright side. Eventually it starts to work. Now I am surrounded by life and its beautiful rather than scary. I'm not afraid of my capabilities anymore. We are hypersensitive because we are aware. We feel and know everything all around us and its hard to handle at first. When life gets hard I can now disconnect concern and just believe things will move and change and situations will work out and they do. Don't be afraid of urself anymore. Take control of ur power. It is a gift.
|

replied March 18th, 2013
I'd also like to mention my panic attacks. It did start off in highschool. After the cult. I was very drained all the time, still am. Slept all the time or couldn't sleep at all. Still same issue. But I was on birth control and switched between drinking and smoking weed. Popped ecstasy on occasion. Felt sick all the time. Lost 50 lbs in 2-3 months. Couldn't hold food down. Had to sleep with a fan on and the air on to 60 degrees in the winter or I felt like I was gonna die and couldn't breath. Felt uncomfortable in my own skin. I would get light headed if I stood for more than 5 minutes at a time. It's a wonder I graduated. Missed school all the time just to get some sleep or go party. After that I decided to spend the year after I graduated partying and releasing stress. Made things worse. Of course drugs and liquor are bad when ur already mentally unstable. I would spend hrs in bed thinking about life and the connection between everything. All of it at once. Connecting the dots. I was so lost at the time. So confused. Just in my own head. And then id have to sleep some more to feel normal again. Finally I quit smoking weed cuz I started to feel stupid when I wasn't high and knew I wouldst be able to work a job like that. Losing so much weight scared me that I was gonna die so I forced myself to keep my food down and deal with the discomfort. Then the problem just kind of went away. That one anyways. Got in a bad wreck. Was in icu for a week so had to switch to beer cuz liquor gave me Sharp pains in ny stomach. Gained all that weight back and then some cuz of the beer. Got into cosmology school. Parties through that. Got my first job at a salon. Lost it because of the shroom trip. It had lasting effects of me for the next year. Had to get on anxiety meds. Down made it worse. One wotked so I stuck with it. Took as little as possible til I felt good enough to wing myself off.during that time tho I couldn't drive. Had just gotten a new car and was scared of it. BecAuse it was a fast powerful sports car. Couldn't walk from room to room or leave the house for a few months. Felt like I was dying before the meds. Huddled on the couch in front of a fan for several weeks. Had to get a job tho. The meds made it to where I could leave the house, but not alone. Once I found a job I had my mother drive me, which my manager made jokes about but whatever. Quit that job cuz I didst make enough and had no days off for two weeks straight and I require a lot of rest. Being a hair stylist and dealing with crazy ppl everyday working opposite shifts every day. It gets to u.finally working at a place I love now. Schedule is still messed up a little but I make it work for now until a better thing happens. Had my mom drive me until I felt comfortable enough to drive myself. Now I have no problem driving, unless its somewhere I'm not sure how to get to. I even ran over a dog a few weeks ago. I'm at peace with it. The owner was right behind me. She jumps out of her car screening thats my dog! It was terrible. But the situation worked so smoothly. I made a new friend in life. Her dogs name was jade. Which is a stone. Represents good luck, healing, protection and other things good. I took it as a sign. Any sign to me these days is good because it shows me God is contacting me letting me know he exists and I'm in the right direction. I bout the lady some candles and flowers and made her a card. She was so sweet and understanding. I've even been through other bad things. Used to date a drug dealer while I was in hair school. We got caught in a home invasion. I was pistol whipped in the back of my head. It got infected. Dr told me to go to the er if I saw stars or felt funny. I didn't. But I did feel funny and saw stars. But my mom was still paying on my fiesta hospital bill. I now get sharp pains in my neck. Still see stars occasionally. Don't have the money to get it checked out but I'm assuming its nerve damage. Life is crazy. My best friend died of cancer. Jackie. She was in the cult with me. She felt spirits too. She also had crazy dreams like I have. No ones ever understood me like she did. Were just very spiritually inclined. I believe she's with me in spirit. It's all for a reason. Each post is for a reason. We are all connected. Have a blessed day and know that it gets better.
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....