Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Hypersensitive - Please What Is Wrong With Me!

I dont know where to go. Im posting here because its anonymous.

Im really tired of being weird! About 3 years ago, I started getting panic attacks. At that time I was using marijuana, having trouble with friendships and relationships, and graduating from college. At that time, I also found my biodad who I learned was schizophrenic. I think all of these factors combined made me get panic attacks.

They lasted only a couple of months and once I graduated from college I never got them again. I have, however, maintained this constant worry, anxiety and hypersensitivity to people and stimulants. I cant drink coffee anymore or I get really feeling crazy and out of control in my mind, today I got to cold and I couldnt even think straight while everyone else seemed to function just fine I was feeling like I was on another planet.

Ive always had social anxiety, but its still with me. When im with people I get very paranoid and I really feel bizzarre! People can feel it though and I make everyone feel uneasy around me. No, im not just thinking this is happening I know its happening. There can be a room full of people and I walk in and everyone will be silent. Its really rather strange.

It might have to do with the fact that my eyes are as big as saucers. I have had these big sensitive eyes since the panic attacks happened. Its like, when I look at people I really look at them like in a way that is invasive. I dont mean to, but I do. I never had this problem before and its hard to keep my eyes to myself. Its hard to keep to myself when I am looking at someone. Does that make sense? My glance and look is very strong. Its hard to explain, but it makes me feel out of my mind and not normal. People will avert their eyes from me or not look at me at all. What is wrong with me and why am I like this?

Another thing that is happening lately is embarassing. Its like, I am concentrating on peoples genitals. Like, in my subconscious mind this happens. I will be talking with someone and I recognize their crotch instead of their face. It makes me feel like a pervert and a freak! People can feel it and it makes them feel uncomfortable which in turn makes me feel comfomfortable. This also, has been happening for 2-3 years.

I have constant worry and anxiety. I have been having nightmares and bad dreams for the same period 2-3 years. It is very rare that I have a good dream, and in fact I havent had a good dream since I can remember.

On top of all that, I have depression. Sometimes its not so bad, but sometimes it gets to the point of feeling low and not wanting to move. A lot though stems from all the points above. I want to be socially normal but even when I act less shy and go out in public, I have strange thoughts like looking at peoples crotches and only concentrating on that to my overly sensitive eyes. I notice everyone around me and im way to sensitive to everything.

I just want to feel stable again! Please help me!!

** oh, and lately, its many times when I start to talk or say something true from myself I want to burst into tears. My students the other day, while I was playing soccer today, or when a friend has somehow hurt me a little. (of the very few friends that I have)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I think that when you say you have wierd eyes that people don't want to look at, you're probably imagining it. I always think people are staring at me and talking about me, about how ugly and ridiculous I look. Deep down I know though that people probably don't give damn about me when I walk into a place. So I can understand when you say you think you look so wierd that people won't look, but you're probably just paranoid about it. There are tons of people that think they have a part of them that's just ugly or revolting. I think it's called like body dysmorphic disorder or something, where your mind makes your eyes see what it thinks is wrong, not how you really look. Not saying you have that, but just your mind plays tricks on you.
|

replied December 14th, 2005
Thank you backhome22, for the thoughts on my problem. I dont think my eyes are ugly and I know its not in my head (probably what a lot of crazy ppl say too huh) I feel when my eyes are sensitive. Its like they tell to much about me or I am longing and needy or .. I like to deep at others or something. I bought a sandwich today and this woman couldnt even look at me. She gave me that shocked look, like many ppl do when they encounter me, and I can tell she is somewhat a weak person because she wouldnt look into my eyes. She avoided me after realizing.... Whatever... I am just powerful to look at. I cant help it, but sometimes its not so bad. Only when ive been working all day, or if I didnt get enough sleep, or if I drank coffee.. Thats when its especially bad. Its like stressed out eyes.

Thank you for the input, but I know it something, I think stress. I wish it wouldnt effect me like that though.

backhome22 wrote:
i think that when you say you have wierd eyes that people don't want to look at, you're probably imagining it. I always think people are staring at me and talking about me, about how ugly and ridiculous I look. Deep down I know though that people probably don't give damn about me when I walk into a place. So I can understand when you say you think you look so wierd that people won't look, but you're probably just paranoid about it. There are tons of people that think they have a part of them that's just ugly or revolting. I think it's called like body dysmorphic disorder or something, where your mind makes your eyes see what it thinks is wrong, not how you really look. Not saying you have that, but just your mind plays tricks on you.
|

replied December 15th, 2005
Hey, you probably have beautiful eyes, don't worry. :) sometimes you get a bit paranoid and imagine that other people have negative thoughts about you when you have anxiety, but it's not real, it's just a feeling. You should talk to someone about your problems it would probably help. It's possible to overcome social anxiety, and you're not the only one with that kind of problems.
|

replied April 7th, 2016
Sometimes if there are thyroid issues (related to our hormones) or neurological issues (related to our nerves and brain), the eyes become enlarged. You may be experiencing an imbalance in the body, which is contributing to your feelings of stress and depression. I would suggest looking into seeing a Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor, as the herbs and acupuncture is a safe alternative to take care of yourself and inquire what may be going on Smile Their ability to assess your tongue and pulse ect. can be very indicative. Good luck on your journey to health!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...