Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

I Have a Tricky Question For Anyone Who's Interested!!

Okay, the situation is this: late at night a young woman is in the state of semi-wakefulness (though still conscious and aware) and she feels like her hands are lying with the palms face up, but she knows that her palms are face down. Now let me clarify, what I mean is that her hands actually feel like they are resting on their backs, but she can look down and see clearly that the hands are not laying in such a position and that it wouldn't be possible for them to be. There is no pain, or any other signs that something is wrong. It has happened two or three times before.
So my theory is that the nerves of her hands become "confused" and start sending signals backwards, if you like. Does anyone know anything that would help me understand this more? Or if it is a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome that isn't commonly known? Would much appreciate the help! :) thanks!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2019
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is related to subconscious. Its not due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.