Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

Im Bi And I Dont Know How to Tell My Boyfriend...

I just realized something that im bisexual and im not exactly sure how to tell my boyfriend. I like girls and guys. So can anyone help!!

And is masturbating wrong? Cuz I dont think it is but then again alot of people say its wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sammisa
|

replied December 4th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Whatever you do, it's best to be completely honest with him.
|
Users who thank cd998776 for this post: homerx 

replied December 15th, 2013
My girlfriend told me she was bi yesterday, I'm the first to know ( were both 17) she says shes known since she was 14. we've been dating 5 months today, she says she thought she would never tell me but shes so relieved she has and i am too. It's only been a day but our relationship is stronger, my love for her instantly grew (indescribable feeling but i still feel drunk with emotion)
So to anyone else reading this i'd say tell them whatever sex you or your partner are, tell them. They'll appreciate the honesty and if they can't handle it then really it's not worth being with them cos it means they can't accept who you really are and that's not how a relationship should work. Good luck everyone, remember doing it isn't as bad as thinking about doing it Wink
|

replied December 17th, 2005
Re: Im Bi And I Dont Know How to Tell My Boyfriend...
wargosmama wrote:
i just realized something that im bisexual and im not exactly sure how to tell my boyfriend. I like girls and guys. So can anyone help!!

And is masturbating wrong? Cuz I dont think it is but then again alot of people say its wrong.
if your boyfriend loves you enough he will understand that youre bisexual if he flips out and starts yelling and throwing a fit like a 2yr old then he aint worth haveing sit down with him over coffee dinner and jusst come out and tell him :oops: :x :? 8) :lol:
|
Users who thank sweetie196727 for this post: homerx 

replied March 2nd, 2006
I wouldnt worry, as most mens dream is 2 girls he will probably be thrilled, mine was
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Ok im in the same situation but my boyfriend told me he is bi... And im giving him some space to sort out his head and im ok with it kinda of. He said he wants to spend his life with me and loves me completely and doesnt want to be with men.... But im askin u can u be with just ur boyfriend if your bi. Will he fully satisfy you. Will you be faithful and how do you know you wont change your mind in years to come and become a full lesbian. Im so scared of losing him.
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Lol I doubt you will lose him. Most men like the idea of 2 chicks.. He might wanna set up a date :lol:
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Im Bi And I Dont Know How to Tell My Boyfriend...
wargosmama wrote:
i just realized something that im bisexual and im not exactly sure how to tell my boyfriend. I like girls and guys. So can anyone help!!

.H.E.L.L .N.O masturbating is not wrong!! It actually is good for you!!! :p
|
Users who thank sammisa for this post: homerx 

replied June 17th, 2008
HAPPYCHICK wrote:
Ok im in the same situation but my boyfriend told me he is bi... And im giving him some space to sort out his head and im ok with it kinda of. He said he wants to spend his life with me and loves me completely and doesnt want to be with men.... But im askin u can u be with just ur boyfriend if your bi. Will he fully satisfy you. Will you be faithful and how do you know you wont change your mind in years to come and become a full lesbian. Im so scared of losing him.

How does your boyfriend know that you won't change your mind in a few years and decide to leave him for some other guy? It's the same thing. You choose the person you spend the rest of your life with based on the relationship you build with them and the connection you have with them. Being bi just means that you have more possibilities of people to build relationships with...guys and girls. If your boyfriend loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you, believe him....him leaving you for a guy has the same possibility of leaving you for a girl and if love is involved, which it sounds like it is Smile then it seems like you have nothing to worry about!
|
Users who thank Majikat for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
If he is insecure, there may be some complications, because I guess he may see that his competition/possibilities of losing you, just doubled in population percentage? If he is confident in your relationship with him, then yes, as above posters said, he probably won't have any reasons to complain about the idea of a bi girlfriend.

It's best to be honest and let him know what's on your mind, rather then keeping it in the dark and doing something that could surprise and break him.
|

User Profile
replied October 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I understand, my relationship went downhill because of it, most guys are open to it because they want a threesome and I didn't, I wanted a woman all to myself:P

It was hard and well it became a story of insecurities which he later took out on me and well I guess Im not longer with my hubby but I feel relieved, I realized I was that much better off.

So in regards to advice, just explain that you are attracted to woman, although if your not for threesomes, also express that out loud!!!!!

Good luck if you havent done it yet?
|

replied August 26th, 2009
hi can you give me some advice, i think my girlfriend is bi the reasion is we dont have sex any more she is 46 i am 62 i never get to go in her house to stay, she keeps me at the front door, she only has woman in her house she comes to my house some times but we dont have sex she has a girl stay at her house some times who is aged about 20,a friend of her daughters who does not live there, when we go out we have to take her daughters friend out with us, the way the girl looks at my girlfriend and visa versa i am wondering, please can you give me some advice thanks
|

replied September 20th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
gs3247
Don't make assumptions. Ask her what's going on.
|

replied September 20th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I was raised Catholic, spent the first 11 years of my life devoutly christian, sang in a choir and learned Latin. Only one of my partners has ever heard about it. It really isn't a part of my life now. There is a lot of important information about who I am that they need to know and my grade school religion doesn't make the cut. Don't tell your boyfriend that you're bisexual unless you're interested in pursuing women in your relationship. It's not a facet of your life when you're monogamous, the information isn't relevant to your partner while you're in the relationship. Just like intimate details of your previous relationships it will come out in time once your partner has gotten to know and trust you. Rushing to put this information out there only creates unrealistic expectations based on stereotypes and experiences with other bisexuals.
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2011
Experienced User
It shouldn't matter to your boyfriend, as long as you love him and he knows that for sure. Another thing you need to be sure of is :are you really bi? If you have had any kind of intimate relationship with a girl before, that would be more serious than sayy thinking a few girls are attractive. If you only find girls attractive and nothing beyond physical attraction, in some ways, he doesn't really need to know. However, if you've seriously thought about intimacy with a girl or even find yourself in love with one particular girl, then yes, it's needed to be said to your boyfriend. It's really up to you, but you need to decide whether or not it's worth telling him, and how he would react. It's your life though.
And also, no, masturbating is perfectly normal. Most everybody does it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and it's natural.
Hope this helped a bit:)
Lylan <3
|
Quick Reply