Hi,

around the 10th of november I was having sex with my boyfriend, and the condom leaked.
I was just finishing my period, (last two days I think) so I didn’t really worry about it, because I didn’t think there was much change of my getting pregnant.

My period stopped, but I had a brownish discharge for a few days.
Over the past two weeks my breasts have become sore (well, more sore than usual) and appear to have new breast tissue. (not just swollen, it’s like they’ve grown.)
i’ve been nauseous on and off, pms like emotional, tired, headachey, and needing to pee twice as often as I usually do…

needless to say i’m starting to get a bitty bit worried.

Has any one had any experience with the tests that claim to be able to detect pregnancy 7 days after conception?
I really don’t like the idea of having to wait another two weeks to find out.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2005
Experienced User
Im in the almost the same position... I took myself off from the patch (birth control) because of many health issues and while trying to figure out what kind of birth control I wanted to get on, me and my husband had unprotected sex (twice) last week. So I have been off from birth control for 2 weeks, the 1st week I was on my period. So, now I think that there is a sure chance that I could pregnant. I call planned parenthood and they said that I could test as early up to 2 weeks later. All the information I found online was that you have to wait untill 4-8 weeks. I have a two year old and we were kind of interested in having another baby but not now but it could happen. I just want to know! There is the "first response" pregnancy test but thats for 5 days before your period. So I guess we do have to wait pretty much till our next period. Its so unfair!
Good luck
|

replied December 1st, 2005
Agh, no fair... There should be a lope hole for when you think your got pregnant on your period, lol.

I'm not really brillient at the waiting thing, lol.

Good luck to you too :)
|

replied December 2nd, 2005
I actually went to the Dr. Because I started spotting (not normal for me) wound up it was implatation bleeding and took three hcg blood tests which all came back as low levels but doubling as normal. So I started pre natal care at 1-2weeks prego!!

Michelle
|

replied December 4th, 2005
Ok, so I did my first (ever) pregnancy test today.
I’m officially peeved.

It didn’t work.
No control line, no test line, no nothing.

Now I have to wait till tomorrow morning to do the other test.

Yes, I know, I know, less then a 24 hour wait, no biggy… but i’ve been waiting for 2 weeks to be able to do the test, and then the test was dodgy…

*bangs head against the wall.
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe u should try peeing in a cup instead of trying to aim for the stick... That works for me. Good luck!
|

replied December 5th, 2005
That's what I did, cos I didn't think peeing on the stick was going to be to successfull.
I think I might have pulled it out of the pee a little to soon though.
I'll have another go tomorrow, *crosses fingers.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...