Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Bone Pain - Cold Weather? Calcium? M.e?

Hi...I'm new to the forum...

Over the last two days or so my bones have been hurting a little... It's mainly the ankles and knees and a little around my back. I have recently moved to scotland so I thought maybe it was the cold weather doing it. Then I began to worry about m.E (myalgic encephalomyelitis) and bone disorders...

As a vegan (3years and i'm 18) I don't honestly think I get enough calcium.. I don't know why I never bothered worrying about it before. I do take calcium supplements but not as often as I should, and I drink a fortified soyamilk. My dad suggested i'm not eating enough calcium or fat and my bones are rubbing together or something! (i am underweight but have been for a long time, I haven't lost weight recently) another thing I thought was maybe i'm growing more?

Anyone got any ideas? Obviously i'm going to wait a few days and see how it goes before I go running to a doctor but I just wanted to see if anyone might have any ideas!

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...