For the last few months i've been experiencing the worst stabbing, gnawing, aching pain in my stomach that i've ever had. It's usually located in the upper middle part of my stomach. It seems to last for several hours and i've noticed that it starts up usually a while after I have fatty fried foods, caffeine or ice cream. I also get nauseated and have a full feeling even though i'm still hungry. I use to think it was caused by stress or acid reflux but even when I don't feel very anxious I get it, also I take zantac daily.
I told my doctor about it but she says it's probably from the acid reflux, I don't think that such severe pain could be caused by that especially when I am currently taking medication for that particular disease. Pepto, malox, or tums do not help at all.
The episodes of pain come and go maybe like once or twice a week and just last friday I had the worst of it when I was kept all up night with diarhea and the horrible cramping in the upper part of my stomach, which usually I just get the cramping in the lower intestine from my lactose intolerance. I think I even might have had a low-grade fever cause when I woke up I felt very hot.
It was so bad, I was on the floor in agony and contemplated going to urgent care. But I made it through the night and ended up with a small amount of pain the morning after but most of it was gone.
If anyone has any idea of what could be causing this your opinons are much appreciated. I plan on going the doctor soon but I really don't know what I should tell her, she'll probably just tell me it's related to acid reflux, which if it is, kill me now cause I can't live with this. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Experienced User
If I ever experienced unexplained agonising pain I would go up to a+e (=accident and emergency -the uk equivelent of the er) immediatly. Agonising is a very strong word and I think any real agonising pains need to be checked out pronto. Best of luck
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I have refluz, been on zantac 150 for forever. I have hiatial hernia, I have lactose intolerance, I have irritible bowel syndrone. Anyway last year I started swelling and bloating so bad I got new stretch marks. I was having pains so bad I felt like I would pass out. Like heart pains, but in my belly, horrible, horrible pains. I would bathe and it would help, I would drink more water it would help. Come to find out I had an inflamation in my abdomen and every test would come out normal--except for the inflamation test--seriously high. I was reloacting to indiana at the time, and they said keep seeking help--so you can get treated for this, for we dont know what is the cause. I had been taking zetia for cholesterol, it desolves the fat in your intestines. First thing they did was cut me off of it. To make a long story short--i personally think it was the zetia, in my case, for after being in indiana for awhile I no longer had anymore symptoms. But it had lowered my cholesterol to 150 lowest I have evr had since like 1994. I couoldnt take lipitor or any of those my liver could not tolerate it.

I also have a fatty liver, could be causing some of my difficulty.

In your case if none of this rings a bell, possibly your gallbladder. My son has some of the same symptoms I had, but he cannot tolerate grease at all. He's getting his gallbladder removed tomorrow. He has stones.

Drink water, it might help. Lots of water.
|

replied December 2nd, 2005
Hmm I don't know much about gallbladder but if it's acid reflux or bacterial ulcer problem there's a diet for you but it's going to be hard because you have to restrict a lot of the foods. I have both acid reflux and bacterial ulcer and i'm slowly curing both problems without drugs. It's a lot to explain but basically no carbs except low carb veggies and some other foods if you're interested about it and want to give it a try let me know. It's a lot discipline but it will pay off end the end. I'm planning to do this for at least 3 months but probably 30 to 40 days should be enough.
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
READ .
YES. SAME EXACTTT THING happened to me. You have an ulcer im pretty sure. please go to the doctors it CAN be treated. DO NOT , eat spicey foods or acidic food. it can most definetly get worst. im only 16. but I know exactly what your going through. My doctors even told me its from acid reflux. But i know it isnt and im going to the doctors tmrw.

Please take care Smile
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...