Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

Strange Bite ... bitten by tiny round red bug .. blister on

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
About a week ago, I was bitten by this tiny round red bug, and it left a stinger in my hand which I had to pull out. I didn't get a good look at the insect when it bit me because it was quite painful and I knocked it off of my hand. Well, the bite has now turned into a blister, which is very itchy, but not really painful. It doesn't appear to be getting any larger. I can't decide if I should go to a doctor or not since its not really getting worse. Does this sound like something that anyone has had before? Any idea on what the bug might have been? I was picking up sticks in the yard when it happened.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 2nd, 2009
maybe spider bite
I was at a friends house we live near the beach and I had to lie down when I got up to leave I felt all dizzy and weird then i had a mark on the back of my neck i went to doctors not sure gave me antifungal cream that really didnt seem to work then i tried betapahn it did go now its back seems to be spreading blister like bumpy little lumps and itchy the itch told me i had it back i dont know what to do next could you be of any help to me. thanks gail
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 24th, 2010
A few years ago I was in my back yard and the middle
finger on my left hand felt like I'd been stung by
a yellow jacket or hit by a bb-gun.

I looked down and saw a 1/4" looking CANDLE Shaped
stinger stuck in the side of my middle finger.
The candle(?) was flesh colored and had a fine
whisker sticking out the top of it. This candle(?)
was hollow for about half its length.

When I tried to remove this candle(!) it felt fleshy
and was extremely resistant to being removed. I finally
removed it but destroyed the candle(?) in the process.

I was concerned this might be from some parasitic
type creature and this stinger was its method of
infestation. I dunked my finger in rubbing alcohol
and went back outside. A few minutes later, I was
hit in my side by something. I looked down; another
one of these weird stingers!

I left my back yard.

No bug expert yet has told me what beastie did this
to me. Never saw or heard the creature.

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply