Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Painful Bulge Which Appears to Be On Top of Ribs

Does anyone know if it is possible for a hiatal hernia to cause a bulge which is visible over the lower left ribs but below the breast. For about four years, I have had intermittent pain from what was diagnosed as a possible cracked rib from a very bad bout of bronchitis. Over the last few weeks, i've noticed that I get really sore in that area after I eat. Yesterday I noticed a visible bulge that appears to be pear shaped, about three inches lengthwise (side to side) and two inches from top to bottom. I do plan on going to the doctor, however, it's friday night. . . I wasn't worried until I saw the bulge.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 14th, 2010
Did you ever figure this out. I have similar symptoms. My problem has been going on for years. I just recently learned that I have a hiatal hernia.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....