Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Some Kind of An Attack Or Something...

Hello there I have this problem right when I fall asleep I feel like nervous at first, then feel like i'm getting electrecuted, then my whole body become stiff and couldn't move sometimes, my hands and feet curls, my heart beats so fast, can't breath and I coudn't wake up. It takes me probably like 5-15 minutes sometimes to wake up. This happen at least a few times a week at night. It happens 5-7 times almost every night. I have this problem since I was a little kid. But lately it has been happening a lot. The other day I thought I was going to die because I couldn't wake up. I felt so scared when I finally woke up from my sleep. I am afraid to fall asleep because I feel like if I don't wake up I can die in my sleep. I don't know what it is. Can someone please give me an advice if there's any medical personnel read this message or please tell me what kind of doctor I should see?

Allyssa
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2005
I think you should most probably go and see you gp (general practitioner) and tell him/her you symptoms they might refer you to a sleep syciatrist or they might treat you them self. If not just go to bed put some soothing music on or a radio or somthing that you feel relaxed about try not to think about going to sleep but just lay there and eventually you wild drift off to sleep with out even thinking about it or knowing about it then you will wake up in the morning and not even knopw what time you wentto sleep.
|

replied November 26th, 2005
Thanks for the advice. I tried many things to make me relax before I go to bed at night but none of them work.
|

replied November 29th, 2005
It sounds like sleep paralysis. It happens to people everynow and then. Basically, your semi conscious, but also caught in the dream state. It happens to me when I fall asleep in a chair sometimes.

Do you become paralyzed? Or do you have a feeling like someone is there watching you? I hear that when people are under sleep paralysis they feel dread and fear of something coming to get them. Read this website and see if it relates Dreamsnightmares.Com/sleepparalysis.html

i also read that if you sleep on your side or stomach it is less likely to happen
|

replied November 30th, 2005
Thanks for the advice. I have been sleeping on my side since I was a little kid. I can't sleep on my stomache because I have a back problem and it bothers me. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. :(
|

replied November 30th, 2005
This Might Help
Take a look at this video on this site....Think you will fing it helpful.

savvy.Healthology.Com/searchtrack.Asp?B=sa vvy&f=sleep_disorders&c=sleep_anxiety&ctyp e=eve&uid=2175299&featured=on&cid=46&spg=s ch

scott
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...