So it's been a loonnnggg time since i've been on this site.. But guess what? It's official!! The way I figure it, i'm about 5 weeks. I haven't told the daddy yet. I'm waiting to see the doctor and get everything confirmed and such. But eventhough i've never been more excited about anything in my entire life, i'm terrified. See, my mom had 4 miscarriages, and i'm scared that I could have one. Yeah I wasn't planning for this baby, but now that it's here, I want it more than anything, and i'm scared of all the "what-if's". I'm going to the Dr. Monday to get the official word on things. Guess I can unload all my worries on them right??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Congragulations! I hope everything went okay!
|

replied January 17th, 2006
So far so good!! I'm about 12 weeks now. I had my first ultrasound yesterday!! Ok, so if I thought hearing the heartbeat for the first time was incredible... Actually seeing the little guy/girl was even more breath taking!! As soon I saw the baby I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. And then I saw it move, and and on came the tears!!! I have never seen something more incredible and powerful in my life. Talk about a life-changing event. I knew I was pregnant and yeah i'd heard the heartbeat and such. But seeing the little bit in there and watching her move was breath taking!! Didn't really seem to like the intrusion into the nice warm home. Lol but.. Yesterday I didn't see one of the doc's, I just saw a nurse practioner. No big deal, but she wants me to come back in a week for another ultrasond, because she thinks I might be a week or two farther than we had thought!! Guess that's probably because I was on the pill when I got pregnant, it messes up everythings timing!! We'll see!! (and yes, there was only one baby! Whew!! :wink: )
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...