Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Women Who Have Had Their Appendix Out And Given Birth...

which is more painful?
having your appendix out for appendicitis/other condition
giving birth (natural)
c-section
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 1 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1
I'm having a debate with my male friend over painful experiences. He says that having his appendix out for appendicitis was as painfull as the male version of giving birth.

I'm looking for the opinion of women who have given birth and had their appendix out for appendicitis/other appendix condition. Which one is more painful?

I hope this isnt a silly/stupid question, but i'm interestd in what women who have gone through both have to say. Comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2005
Community Volunteer
I had my apendix taken out right after it ruptured, and I went through 36 1/2 hours of labour and I had a c-section. I did not have a vaginal delivery but the labour pain was worse than my appendicitis. And i'm sure pushing out a head would hurt even more. The c-section wasn't that bad, I was up and walking 12 hours later (the earliest they'd let me)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...