I was just wondering what people think of counselling or any forms of therapy?

I have been offered free counselling but i`m not sure whether to do it as i`ve heard mixed results from people. I know it can`t hurt to go but is there a certain type of counselling that is more successful than others?

Any opinions would be great!

Many thanks x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
Yes, it definatley helped me. I had been suffering anxiety for a couple of years and went to seek help from therepy. After the second session it was like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. In my case however the anxiety was not to severe so I imagine it depends on each case situation. Best of luck to you, it can not hurt to give it a try.
|

replied May 26th, 2011
Anxiety
I'm 18 years old and dealing with anxiety. I really didn't know what it was at first because I felt like I had a stomach virus, so I went to the E.R. because I had vomiting, nausea, upset stomach, diahrrea, and loss of appetite. And tghey to told me it was a stomach bug, so they gave me something for the vomiting. A day or two I went back because I didn't feel any better, so they gave me something again for the vomiting. The last time i went to the E.R. was c ause i felt like I couldn't breath, and that's when they told me I was having an anxiety attack. I got elp with the counseling. Hopefully it helps relieve the stress and whatever else causes anxiety. Does it really helps, and any home thing I can do to relieve the anxiety?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...