My husband and I just found out we were having a boy which brings up the issue of circumcision. My huband and I are both leaning towards not having it done, but I would like to hear from some uncircumsized men to make sure that sexually, everything is o.K. Meaning girls dont mind it etc. Also, were there any merciless teasing sessions in locker rooms growing up? How difficult is it to clean before the foreskin retracts. Sorry for the stupid questions but I do not personally know of any adult males that are uncircumsized that I can ask. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
See the post of others, and me, in your other thread...
|

replied November 24th, 2005
I am an uncircumsized male and I have no problem with it. There is absolutely no problem cleaning it and I have never had any problems (infections, skin irritation, etc.). As far as sexually goes, this is also poses little problem if any. Women might say stuff like "thats a little weird" in conversation but while alone they find out pretty quickly its nothing to flinch at. Also, an uncirumsized penis provides more sexual pleasure to the male and spares your baby from excrutiating pain when he is born. If you have any other questions feel free to post back.
|

replied November 28th, 2005
Hello, I am unable to make comment on the cultural sides to circumcision as I like within the uk where it is the norm to not be circumcised. As an infant I was not circumcised. I suffered from a condition which only became apparent when going through puberty which is known as phimosis (basically a tight foreskin, which is apparently quite common as I now know of about 5 other people who suffered from a similar problem). This made cleaning very difficult and caused a great deal of self-consciousness. Later on it also resulted in difficulty in sexual intercourse as it was very uncomfortable and resulted in a loss of sensation.

As a result I have recently been circumcised (which I assure you was a nerve racking experience at 20) and had I been given the choice would have jumped at the chance to be circumcised as an infant.

There is a great deal of debate toward the subject of circumcision as to whether it is neccesary.

I am sure you will make the best decision for your child (who will be perfect no mater what you decide)

congratulations
|

replied December 16th, 2005
I say dont circumsize him, just ebcause of the negative effects talked abotu in the other thread...Congrats on the kid :)
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Uncircumcised Husband
Hello,

sorry i'm not a male but I do have an uncircumcised husband. Truthfully it bothered me at first that he was uncircumcised, but I guess it just kind of grew on me.

However, my husband and I are both strongly in agreement with him being circumcised at the age of 24 because of a few problems.

Well my husband and I are both very clean individuals but the truth is, with any uncircumcised male it leaves room for bacteria to surface. My husband has given bv (not an std but a bacterial infections)a numerous amount of times. At first I didn't know why I kept getting it but when I explained to my doctor that he was uncircumcised she made it very clear that, that was the reason. Also it is very common for men that is uncircumcised to get yeast infections.

My husband actually hates that his mother didn't get him circumcised, but that doesn't mean a thing because every person is different.

I just thought that i'd give you some information as far as me being on the outside.
|

replied October 24th, 2010
Is it safe to have my son circumcized at age 16
|

replied October 28th, 2010
Community Volunteer
cerisei wrote:
Is it safe to have my son circumcized at age 16

There is always a risk to any surgery.
But if there is a risk to him not be circumcised this
might be what you have to do.
|

replied August 14th, 2011
I'm an adult male uncircumcised. Never had any problems. My foreskin retracts easy. My skin stays retracted if I want to. Would you believe I left my skin retracted for about six years. After six years I decided to no longer keep it retracted. After about three month I noticed my head becoming much more sensitive. I just love it that way. Now when i retract it I don't like it rubbing against my underwear because of the sensitivity. When I'm in an erotic mood I don't mind it rubbing for a short time. I would never even consider circumcision. When you become 50 or older you need the extra sensitivty because as you get older the less sensitive it gets and you have trouble with erection and ejaculating.
If you have any questions about being uncircumcised I would be happy to answer any qustions. Feel free to ask.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....