On a uncircumsized baby boy, when should the foreskin retract?...Roughly what age?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2005
Community Volunteer
I've heard anywhere from 2-3 yrs of age. I freaked out at the ped's last time cause the doc pulled trey's back and made him bleed a lil. I was like what?????
|

replied November 22nd, 2005
2-3 years is common, but it can happen later, so don't panic if it's not retracted by 3 yrs. It'll happen before puberty - or at the very latest, during puberty. My son's was fully retracted shortly after his 2nd birthday.

In fact, if your son's penis is kept clean, don't do *anything* to the foreskin! Dont let *anyone* retract it - especially doctors, as lil_blaze found!! Run the other way if a Dr. Or nurse says you need to pull it back to "help" it retract.

Let your son play with it all he wants and it'll retract from his play and explorations. It's all part of the "master plan," lol. :d

important!
Instill good hygeine now - as his penis retracts, have your son pull it back to swich with water in the bath. He should get in the habit now, and do this at every shower/bath for the rest of his life.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....