What are the signs & symptoms of bladder vs. Prostate cancer.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
Bladder cancer: hematuria is #1 sign (blood in the urine); frequent urination, or pain with urination although all 3 of these could be signs of many things, including a simple bladder infection. Prostate cancer: difficulty urinating/starting stream, dribbling stream, straining to urinate, inability to empty the bladder, needing to go to the bathroom at night, or of course, an elevated routine psa measurement. These can all be signs of the more common condition benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph) as well. Why do you ask?
|

Symptoms of Bladder/prostate Cancer
I asked because I was experiencing some of the symptons you mentioned. Clap was ruled out after urine analysis and antibiotics were not effective for a complete recovery. Seems to be normal now after drinking some type of antibiotic (name eludes me) beginning with "z".
|

It's almost assuredly just an infection, likely bladder infection; bladder cancer is pretty rare. You may need a workup by a urologist to determine if you have kidney/bladder stones contributing to the infection, as urinary tract infections (utis) in men are not nearly as common as for women, and often related to stone formation. Stones also have a similar presentation to infection/cancer--blood in the urine, pain with urinating, frequency, etc. However, if you are cured with the antibiotic, save yourself the time, but strongly consider it if the problem recurs. The antibiotic was probably a fluoroquinolone--broad spectrum against all the common bugs that cause utis.
|

Gladder Bladder
I thank you for your replies to my inquiry and my bladder and urethra also appreciate your thoughtfulness and concern. Have a great thanksgiving holiday. I have never tried cranberry juice but I may just do that tomorrow. I've heard it cures what ails your fluid conduit.
|

Gladder Bladder
I thank you for your replies to my inquiry and my bladder and urethra also appreciate your thoughtfulness and concern. Have a great thanksgiving holiday. I have never tried cranberry juice but I may just do that tomorrow. I've heard it cures what ails your fluid conduit.
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Bladder cancer presents like cystitis while prostate cancer can present with signs of prostatism or bone pains.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.