Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Tylenol Pm Related to Depression

I have been working 3rd shift for about a year and a half and 2nd shift for about the last 2 months, and couldnt sleep once I got on 2nd. I started taking tylenol pm and took about 1-2 pills a night excluding the saturday and sunday for about 3 weeks. Once I stopped taking them I felt very depressed and like I was having anxiety attacks. I was wondering if these are common withdrawal symptoms of tylenol pm
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile laurasugar
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Gosh I hope not I work third shift and tylenol pm is my best friend....Sometimes I have to take a break for a week or so because I have built up a tolerance to it. I have been using it for years....
|

replied February 16th, 2008
Tylenol PM withdrawl
I've just been using Tylenol PM for about 2 weeks to help me sleep d/t problems with arthritis in my shoulders (ok, I'm 61, who'd thunk I'd get arthritis?). It really does the job, but for the past two or three days, even hours after getting up, I've begun to get dizzy spells when standing up, bending over (tieing my shoes) or similar moves - maybe suggesting hypotension. Is this a side-effect of Tylenol PM ?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2009
Tylenol PM
Funny that others feel depressed when they stop taking Tylenol PM - my experience is the opposite. I take it only once in a while for aches and pains and to get to sleep and I notice that I am always really depressed the next day after taking it. I don't know why this is.
|

replied February 6th, 2011
Taking Long-Term Tylenol PM
Has anyone have been sleepwalking when taking long term tylenol pm??? I dont remember a THING and my husband said Im driving him crazy with the sleepwalking.
|

replied December 12th, 2011
I've experienced all these symptoms, but I've also had very bad diareia and I have gotten many kidney infections. Is this because of tylenol pm?
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....