My unsure if i'm keepig my baby but i've been thinking about if I will all the things I need to decided on. I've reccently been thinking about birth i'm so scared of having a natural birth, people say then have a c section but i'm scared that would be bad for the baby as well as having a scare for life. My friend says having a natural birth f***s up your p**** her words not mine, is this true.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 19th, 2005
First off - no it doesn't (well for a little bit) but it will return to normal.
Second off you are better with natual birth than a c-section, why would you opt. For surgery (unless it is needed, all for that of course!). Natual child birth does not mean the same thing as it did years ago. You have options, one I strongly recommend is an epideral(i know I spelled that wrong). If you are scared, call a local hospital and talk to one of the rn's on the labor and delivery floor. They will be willing to answer any of your questions.

you are a lot less alone than you think.

Michelle
|

Experienced User
Thax Again Michelle
I'm really loving these forum rooms people are very helpful and supportive.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Birth...
youngandpregnant wrote:
my unsure if i'm keepig my baby but i've been thinking about if I will all the things I need to decided on. I've reccently been thinking about birth i'm so scared of having a natural birth, people say then have a c section but i'm scared that would be bad for the baby as well as having a scare for life. My friend says having a natural birth f***s up your p**** her words not mine, is this true.
I agree with michelle. C-sections are supposed to be used in the case of emergencies to save either the resulting child's life or your own. They aren't, even though they are more and more, to be used because the woman fears natural childbirth or for a cosmetic reason.

I've not personally gone through childbirth though I have two sisters, multiple cousins, and many friends who have. Each woman tried a different method and each woman had a different childbirth experience. Hospitals, birthing centers, and doctors/nurses/midwives today want you to have a positive experience while giving birth. My sister had an epidural with all of her pregnancies, and though she screamed a little at the crowning, she got through it just fine. One of my cousins had a water birth and swears by them. Another used hypnotism.

I think that part of the fun would be deciding on which you are most comfortable with and which you would like to try out.
|

replied November 21st, 2005
Experienced User
Honestly after my epidural I felt nothing:)
|

replied December 21st, 2005
I dont know what your on about pain it only a little painfull I was in labour 3 hrs with 1st had gas and air and that was fine 2nd baby was born in half hour it not really that bad when it gats to pushing it easy mind u with 2nd baby I woke up wanted to push havin a baby is the best feeling in the world as soon as u see it your just over welm with love for it im 12 weeks pregg now and just hope I have another fast birth no matter how young u are your never be alone there plenty of people out there to help and offer advice to u I wish u all the luck in the world your'll know what the right thing to do as soon as u hold the baby good luck x
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hi I had a natural labour (25 hours) 19 hours I just had gas and air but then I had an epidural and it was heaven. I recommend an epidural to anyone who has a low pain threshold like me. Why suffer in pain with a long labour when theres pain relief available?
|

replied January 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You cant ask for a c section, c sections are for medical purposes only.

Who said you have to have a natural birth? They have pain medication for a reason!
|

User Profile
replied January 8th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Actually you can request a c-section if that is what you opt for but its better to go natural.....

I had my daughter in 4 1/2 hours with no pain meds till after I pushed her out and then I got gas/ iv cause I hemmorraged and I was freaking out about them giving me needles after cause I just wanted to be left alone. Labor is painful but it isnt hard to explain till you actually go through it and find out what your pain threshold is im getting myself a shot of demerol this time and gas so I can live high and take the edge of lol its up to you (your choice)

best of luck!
Jess
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...