Hi. I am new here and could use some advice. In the end she will have to go to the doctor to know for sure if she is pregnant but this will help me understand where I am at:

the girl i'm dating has had her period all the time in the last few months. She is irregular.

We have had unprotected sex a lot of the time, though I never stayed in. She was on the pill for several months. She even has taken the morning after pill a few times. The last time she took it was in september. (the condom broke. And she did have her period. ) and we used a foam cream which is supposed to prevent pregnancy. Again, while she was wearing thr crea, I didn't stay in.

She had her period on 10/18/05, which was her 25th day. She said it was a light period, meaning not a lot of blood. It is now the 11/17/05 and she has not had it yet. She says she has a little back pain, which she said came from eating a lot tonight because of the stress, but no other symptoms. No nausea, no sensitivity in her breasts, no headaches, no tiredness, no morning sickness, no constant hunger, nothing. She had strong cramps a few days ago and now they have become less. She has been stressed out a lot over the last week.

I am getting mixed signs from here, obviously, as to whether or not she might be pregnant. I read that it is possible for her to have her period or the apperance of a period even if she might be pregnant, which would explain the light bleeding last month. But the large amount of stress she has had might explain why she hasn't had her period.

Best guess: is she pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, no; there are to many chances that she is pregnant to rule it out. Have her get tested, it's the easiest solution.

By the way, just because you "didn't stay in," doesn't mean you couldn't have enpregnated her. Pre-cum usually contains enough traces of sperm to fertilize the egg.
|

Yes I know.

There are so many different variables, there is no real way to tell right now. She will get the test done next week. Just trying to figure out now what the more likely case may be.

We were using a foam prescribed by her doctor, but maybe not as often as we were supposed to. And her symptopms she tells me now, with the back pain, have been only in the morning for a few minutes. Otherwise she is fine. Overeating because of the stress is a likely factor there. She isn't late yet. The stress could have prevented the pregnancy. But i'm just not sure.
|

Hi
Hi, im not trying to scare you or anything, but while I was pregnant I had normal "periods" for the first 3 months....But from what you've said she doesn't really sound pregnant....How long has she been taking birth control for????
|

She was on the pill for 4 or 5 months. She is not on it anymore. And she wasnt on it last month.

The "signs" she is having can also not be signs though. The back aches can be contributed to her stress induced eating. As in holding too much weight. She is not eating like she was hungry and needed it you know.

The only thing is when I read about partial bleeding being a sign of activity in her making room is what caused my alarm. That and of course it is the 31st day and still no period.

Can stress really contribute that much to not having a period?
|

replied November 19th, 2005
It Depends
It all depends on the woman. I myself have been through severe stress in my life to the point where I can't even sleep or eat, never missed a period. However, several girls are late due to stress. If she just go off of the pill a month or two ago that usually contributes to an imbalance in a woman's period, it can make it come really late or early, also depending on the woman. Hope this helps
|

Last night she told me she had light bleeding going on. She had a little pain downthere and said she found a little blood. She had that last month too. The question is: is it her period or is it possible she is pregnant? She hasnt had any symptoms last month or this month.
|

Well...
Light bleeding could be a sign of implantation bleeding...Due to pregnancy...Or it could be the beginning of her period...Have you guys tested yet?
|

Two months in a row for implantation bleeding, without any symptoms?

The earliest she can test is next saturday.
|

Like I said, I had what seemed like a normal period for the first 3 months and my best friends mother had light bleeding for the first couple of months as well ( she didn't even know she was pregnant till about the first 3 months because of it) back pain could be a sign of pregnancy......But I dont necessarily think she would have signs this early.....How far along do you think she would approx. Be? Like is said it also could be because of coming off of the birth control...Tht messes with a woman's period timing as well sometimes..
|

The docotr she went to today just gave her a urine test: not pregnant!!!
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...