Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Heart Slows Down Before Anxiety Attack>concerned

I was wondering if anyone notices there heart slows down right before a panic attack and then it starts to beat really fast. This is really scaring me and I was wondering if it is a normal and common symptom of anxiety.
Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
When I had my holter monitor on for 24 hours to see if there was any problems with my heart, all came back clear but they did notice that my heart rate slows while resting or asleep.
Normally my heart rate is about 68, the moitor showed it at 43 while resting and sleeping.
Have your worn a moitor or checked your pulse when you think it is slow and if so what is the bpm?
|

replied November 24th, 2005
Oooooooooooooo ive never heard of that!!! Was u in hospital for this ?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...