Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Botox Injections And Stroke

Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
I suffered a stroke at 13 years old and recieve botox injections for dystonia in my right foot. I have been receiving injections for the past seven years or so every 3 months. I am now 31 and my husband and I are planning on having children. I am wondering how long I should postpone my botox injections before trying to get pregnant? I know once I am pregnant and if I decided to breastfeed I cannot receive injections. Also has anyone else had success with botox to relieve symptoms of dystonia? My injections have helped mildly, but wish I could find something that worked a bit better
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2008
Doctor
Botox's half-life of elimination is 10 hours so it can be completely eliminated in a week. You will have to chose between pregnancy and treating foot dystonia. No medications are recommended during first trimester of pregnancy except if the drug-benefit is bigger than the potential damage. Treatment of foot dystonia is less worth than pregnancy.
|

replied July 5th, 2010
cost of botox ?
this post is useful and helpful for my decision.
3 week , I will get botox to my mouth.
I want to know cost of botox injections.and botox injection procedure ?
thanks Smile
|