Hi, I am new today

i think I have anxiety problems. Mentally it is not that obvious because I often cover it up, but it manifests itself physically a lot.

When I try to go to sleep it prevents me from sleeping and is very annoying, it feels downright awful.

It often feels like my circulation is very poor, I get shooting pains in the my head, my right leg aches with a horrible cramping pain and then my left arm will feel as if someone is pressing on it very hard before a shooting pain goes through my heart. I am only 18 so i'll be damned if it is angina, but it feels very frightning. It is related to a "resistance" in breathing, as in, when I breathe in I get the feeling that it takes a lot of effort to actually suck in air.

I am also very cold when I go to sleep/bed and my hands feet are always freezing. But if I lie straight I stay feeling cold although this is the only way to soothe the cramping leg pain, with my legs straight.

I don't think there is anything specifically wrong with me physically and I wonder if it's all anxiety related. My entire family went to hell recently, what I mean is that it broke up and suddenly I had to move to another part of the country in an important part of my education and I failed all my exams. Then my dad went to jail. Its difficult but I cope with it mentally however the physical side of things gets on top of me.

If it might help, I have to say I have an extremely fast metabolism and my body mass index is 15.5 or there abouts, I am 6' 2" and around 125lbs. I have always been about this thin but I think it seems abnormal now I am 18 years old.

If anyone can think of any suggestion i'd be grateful for them. Thanks for reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 15th, 2005
Does anyone actually populate this forum?????

Please have some understanding and at least offer some suggestions.
|

Hey bob, this sounds awful and I wish I could advise you, I know that stress causes your body to react in sometimes the strangest ways and its likely you are experiencing one of its many manifestations. But, put your mind at ease, see your doctor and get whatever tests they suggest. I have had that breathing thing, its strange, no idea what it is but I know im healthy!
Get yourself a hot water bottle, I am always cold so this is a life saver
what excersise do you do? Next time that happens maybe do some stretches to get things flowing again?
|

Each day I walk to work, which is not too far, and I walk to the supermarket because it is a suitable enough distance for walking, but that's all the exersize I do, i'd say it covers 3-4 miles a day in total. Like I said about my metabolism, it means that may not be enough exersize maybe.

I think I could probably sort out my diet as well but i'm not sure that's related to these symptoms. I am planning on seeing my doctor soon, this is also because of a strange dull but "twanging" pain I get in my pelvis/pubic region just above my right leg. Sometimes it feels quite painful particularly with pressure, whether it be just food inside me or full bowels with waste....Full bladder etc.
This pain concerns me because 6 years ago I had an operation there to remove a cyst. I hope nothing has flared up again. This has happened over the past week though.

Tonight I will try not to worry about sleeping again but this weird pain is keeping me from getting to sleep. I think this pain is an actual physical problem and not just stress, which is why it worries me. I know the other stuff like anxiety symptoms are not real physical problems and try not to worry about these although it can feel like I am suffocating. But the "real" pain in my pelvis while it might not be very "painful" so much it is something that just doesn't feel right at all.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...