I am an 18 year old male and my girlfriend just told me she has mono. How long is it that we should not or cannot kiss or is it fine that we do? Is there a certain timelimit or is it on an individual basis?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2003
Experienced User
Mono has an incupation period of a month meaning that your girlfriend had, and was contagious, with mono for a month before she developed symptoms. Soo...Chances are that if you don't already have it in your system, you aren't going to get it at all. You can also take comfort in the fact that only 50% of the people who get mono actually develop symptoms.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...