Hey all, i'm doing a little research on cosmetic vaginal surgery and I hope to discover some of the motivations behind the decision to pursue vaginal reconstruction (vaginoplasty, labiaplasty,clitoral hood removal,labia/mons pubis liposuction, vaginal tightening) if this applies to you....

When did you first decide to have this surgery?

What was the motivating reason to have the surgery?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2006
Labiaplasty
I am going into hospital tomorrow for tests and the morning after am having a tvt combined hopefully with a labiaplasty on thursday morning.
I have wanted this operation since 3rd grade (i was 7 or 8), when I flashed a girl (her idea!!!) and she then told the school that I was really a boy...When I turned 13 my inner labia "dropped" and I have felt ashamed and abnormal ever since.
They hurt when wearing tightish clothes, they get caught by seems and it feels like an electric shock!!! They stick out like a boy they show in skimpy undies, yesterday I had to "shave " the area in preparation of the ops and took before photos (as you do!!!!), they totally repulsed me and left me wondering how my husband can bear to be near me..
In two days time for the first time in my life I will feel normal down there.
I cannot answer this q for other women and have just tried to be as honest with you as I can and hope no-one here judges me too harshly(the "be happy as you are brigade"), hope this helps your research and I will try to post again to let you know how I progress and if it really will make the difference to my life that I think it will!!!
|

replied June 20th, 2006
Decsion For Labiaplasty
I have always known that my labia were not quite normal. Even as a teen I had problems wearing certain clothing or swimsuits not only due to the cosmetic bulge but also the discomfort. When I bacame sexual active the problem was much more noticeable as my labia would often catch and cause pain with sex. I had asked several gynecologist who told me I was normal and it was nothing to worry about. One general gynecologist told me that he could do the surgery but it would cause permanent scarring and pain. Luckily my last gyn sent me to a clinic in arizona that specializes in laser vaginal reconstruction. They were wonderful and explained my options and took my concerns seriously for once. I had the labial reduction done and was amazed at how painless the procedure was and how great the results were. I know that same people think that reducing your labia is silly but I see it not as purely a cosmetic choice but a means of correcting a birth defect. The clinic I went to also does vaginal tightening surgery for women who have bladder leakage and laxity after childbirth. Again I dont see this as being vain but as a chance to restore normal sexaul function. I have heard horror stories about patients having this procedure done by some doctors so I do suggest you find someone as I did that specializes in these repairs.
|

replied January 5th, 2012
What is the name of the clinic? please
|

replied June 29th, 2006
All Done!
I have managed to walk as far as my library to the computer! It has been one week exactly since I had both the tvt and a labiaplasty done and I am feeling very positive so far!!
There has been some discomfort and bleeding and I have been walking around like john wayne all week, but I can see a real difference even with the swelling although that is subsiding day by day.. I smile every time I look because at last I feel normal!!!! The last post is so right, it is a birth defect and I suspect that only women with normal labia tell you to accept what nature endowed you with?!! Onwards and upwards!!!!
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Tvt?
Is that for the bladder?
|

replied August 11th, 2006
Yes, a tvt is for stress incontinence and am still very pleased with the result of both, tvt has worked beautifully and even my hubby keeps smiling at my little 'v'. The only thing is we havent yet made love as I feel very tender even patting myself dry after weeing but im sure that will sort itself out...It feels like my life is just beginning ...Again!!!
|

replied September 9th, 2006
Vaginoplasty/labiaplasty
Dannov1234,

i live in az too. Can you please share where you went for such satisfactory service on this procedure? Did it take a long time to heal? Was it real expensive?
|

replied September 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Mine always seems weird like how u said yours was I dont like it after my bbay I want vaginal tightening and labia reduction
|

replied December 9th, 2007
Wanting Labiaplasty.
i also want this done - as i have a lot of paid during sex and also wearing tight undies or pants. i'm about to turn 20 and i do alot of modelling work and i feel so embarrassed when I'm put in these little swimsuits and you can see a massive lump appearing from my crutch - that's is not the best advertising haha. Also with modelling you have to get changed, and get naked next to the other girls in the shoot. i have been mocked and scared by these remarks about my large labia. i really want to get labiaplasty done so i can enjoy sex and feel sexy when my boyfriend is looking at me. Also when I'm in my tight swimmer photo shoots i don't feel so embassed.

i have read about labiaplasty being done by laser and also by scalpel what is the best and less painful.. can someone please help me ?

Thankyou - AUS 20.
|

replied August 18th, 2009
Thanks for a careful suggestion. Everybody has to visit if any kind of pain in your body.
|

replied December 18th, 2009
advice
Hey, I actually just got home from my DOUBLE labiaplasty, was surfing the web for some topics on this surgery so here is my story and some advice....

I got mine done by a OBGYN, who specializes in vaginal reconstruction surgeries. When I was looking for a surgeon, 4 people who had actually gotten surgeries done by him, and at least a dozen others highly reccomended him. It's SOOOO important to find someone who has experience doing labiaplastys, and a 'plastic surgeon' hand. My surgeon was very concerned with minimal scarring, and making both sides even, and the results (so far) looks perfect. Both of my labia were completely different, one was a half circle shape, and stuck out 2 cm out of the lips, the other was very long (thin and 'icicle' shaped), hung out over 7 cm out of the lips!!!! I waited 6 years to get this done, and only got it done because of other health reasons - I've had e.coli in my bladde for 5+ years and it would never clear up because of all the excess tissue down there. But in all honesty, I should have gotten this done 5 years ago, but I'm not the type to go changing my body...
If any women out there have labias as bad as mine - and you suffer like I did - DON'T WAIT ANY LONGER. When I think about all of the sores, cuts, tears, blisters, ect., that I've had over the years - a few weeks of recovery from this surgery is 110% worth it.

Like I said, I got out of the hospital today at 2PM today (its 7pm), so far I have extensive bruising (literally black!), but minimal pain (took 350 mg of percoset), and slight swelling, but its not as bad as I anticipated yet. THE KEY IS ICE ICE ICE!!!! My surgeon told me that normal injuries require ice on and off because of the low blood flow it creates, but the vagina is a blood pumping machine and can handle as much icing as you can do! I also purchased a 'donut' cushion -they come in a blow up version and a plush version, costs about $20 or so. It's great for riding in the car - absorbs shock, great for just sitting on anything...the hole in the middle relieves the pressure on the area, AND, you can just sit the ice pack right in the hole on the cushoin instead of holding it! Such a great buy for this surgery! Prepare for swelling, and discomfort, and limited exercise/activities for a few weeks (hopefully your not a horse trainer like I am! 6 weeks no riding! - worst part...), LOL.
Like I said, I never considered this surgery before one of my vital organs was being jeprodized - but even hours after the surgery - looking in the mirror and not seeing the extra 'curtains', as a called them, hanging out of my lips, brings tears to my eyes. Knowing I will never have to 'tuck' them in, have annoying 'tampon rope burn', or 'tight jean pinches', or a 'bikini bulge' is a huge burden off my shoulders. And I am sure as I heal I will be even more grateful for getting this done - and will be doing a ton of shopping for clothes I could never wear before! My boyfriend of a few years never minded the labias, he actually thought they were 'cute and unique', but I can only imagine how badly this can effect women and their confidence and sex life

So, if you suffer with this - get it done, it is worth it. But make sure you find a proven and trustworthy surgeon, OBGYN or not... However, if you have uneven or mis-shappen labia that do not cause any problems in your life - just suck it up and deal with the way you were born!

Glad I could share my story and advice - good luck to anyone considering getting this procedure to better your quality of life!!!!
|

replied November 1st, 2010
I saw an ad for LVR (laser vaginal rejuvenation) in a magazine. I am very happily married and have a great sex life with my husband. However, I have had four children, three of whom were very large babies at birth) and I know my epesiotomy tore after my middle son was born. So, the opening to my vagina has been larger than normal for 26 years. The ad said that the LVR surgery could make me tighter again, like when I was still a virgin. I have been examined by Dr. Wesley Ann Brady in Dallas and was given a price quote for the surgery. This will have nothing to do with labiaplasty. I cannot seem to find anyone who has had the tightening procedure done by her or any other Dr., for that matter. I am just trying to do some research before I have this surgery done. I am worried about the possibility that my vagina won't be as wet and the tightening won't work, now that I've read so many negative reports. Please help me to make this decision. If you know anyone who has had the tightening done, please let me know what their results were.
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi LovingWife58 and welcome to ehealth: IMO, this is something to stay away from...I doubt that anything can be done to tighten your inner vagina after this long of a time...What concerns me even more is what damage that could and possibly may result from this surgery....I would say that chances of your not lubricating are high and I question whether you will be any tighter....

I doubt that this surgery will make your husband love you any more and in the long run could make sexual intercourse much more painful....My vote on the surgery is NO....Just one more thing...This coming from a woman that has been having sex for 52 years with the love of my life...When you are sitting in front of the computer or wherever do some Kegel exercises....Pull those vaginal muscles in and out....Do it about 50 times...Practice gripping with it...I think you will notice a change as it gets tighter...Take care...

Caroline
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied July 23rd, 2011
Vaginoplasty/Labiaplasty
I am 38 and had vaginoplasty and labiaplasty done at the same time when I was 36. The vaginoplasty DOES make you tight again and the labiaplasty completely eliminated all discomfort I felt before when sitting, riding bikes, driving, etc. My SO always mentions how tight I am now and he absolutely loves it! I have had no negative issues resulting from these combined surgical procedures.I have no regrets about it and am so happy I had it done! Kegels can only do so much and who wants to have to constantly concentrate on " tightening up" while having sex? Not me- and it's no longer an issue for me anymore. I say go for it- you will be so glad you did!
|