I been having panic attacks since I was 16 years old, now im 26yrs. And im sinck and tired of been with anxiety 24-7, I took celexa for 5 years and now im in prozac. I feel ok but im not a normal person I wish I can just go out have fun have a normal sex life like every human but unfortunally I dont. Is this ever going to go away? Any one as any suggestions for me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I really can not respond to your post just keep your head up and look for the good in everything even if it is hard :d
|

replied November 14th, 2005
Hey,
thank you for your advise, thats what I been doing all this years.

Take care
|

replied November 4th, 2009
Hi, i've been suffering since around the time my periods started (11) not sure if that's co-incidence or not, but even if you're a boy it could still be possibly hormone related....? Not sure what causes my panic attacks - need to ask about hormone tihng myself. - I try to take decent omega 3 supplements and vit c, try to eat healthy and get a bit of daily exercise, but these things are just like treading water. I have lost quite a few relationships and jobs to my anxiety and am off to see the shrink again this week (going to ask about the drugs Lyrica, Buspirone and another one that's an antihystamine which I read might help (all alternatives to SSRI's which sadly stopped working for me - was on effexor the snri a few months, then fluoxetine couple of years, then citalopram for about 5 years). All this probably needs to be combined with long term (months and months rather than weeks) therapy which the NHS can rarely afford to shell out for. But i'm not going away till they do this time as really fed up - want to get some quality of life back before i'm due to collect my pension (29now)
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...