Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Do I Have Cervical Cancer?

Last september my smear results came back abnormal.So I was sent for a colposcopy in january when I was 5 months pregnant,this turned out ok.But they wanted me top have another colposcopy when my baby was 6 months old,which I had done on friday.The doctor looked very concerned and wanted me to have a biopsy done there and then and because I was scared and in shock I said no.He said the cells were very advanced and asked me several times if I was sure I wouldn't have it done there and then.He also said that the abnormal discharge I had been having was due to these cells and I have been suffering from this discharge for over 2 years now.I have got to go back next friday for the (leep)biopsy next friday and this also burns the cells away.The doctor said I could not wait any longer than next friday to have this done.Please help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2018
Welcome to e health forum.

Welcome to e health forum.

The major cause for Cervical Dysplasia, is chronic infection with the Human Papilloma Virus, expecially the high risk types 16 or 18.

Treatment for higher grade CIN involves removal or destruction of the neoplastic cervical cells by cryocautery, electrocautery, laser cautery, loop electrical excision procedure (LEEP), or cervical conization. The treatment is highly effective but there is a 20% chance of recurrence.

It would be recommended that you consult your doctor or your OB-GYN who can see your results and provide additional accurate information and medical advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.