Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Millions of Tiny Whiteheads On Chest Overnight!!!

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anyone has figured it out.

I have been having this problem where I will wake up one morning and there will be little whiteheads in almost every pore on my chest and upper back. They stay red and I scratch all of them off to get the puss stuff out (yuck). They are tiny, and not like regular zits but they are so embarrassing. My mom thinks it is some kind of allergic reaction. I have just learned that I have hormone problems too. The dermatologist put me on some new tazorac cream and hydrocortizone lotion. I dont know what is going on!! Help me!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Tiny Whiteheads
Hormones likely play a role in the development of acne, making the condition most common in teenagers. Teenage and adult acne can take months or years to treat successfully. Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and lead to scarring of the skin.Acne treatment for severe cases usually includes one or more prescription medications. Once acne is under control, prevention strategies can help keep your skin clear of breakouts.
Acne typically appears on your face, neck, chest, back and shoulders, which are the areas of your skin with the largest number of functional oil glands.Pimples are raised red spots with a white center that develop when blocked hair follicles become inflamed or infected.
It's not known what causes the increased production of sebum that leads to acne. But a number of factors âspam including hormones, bacteria, certain medications and heredity âspam play a role.In fact, scrubbing the skin too hard or cleansing with harsh soaps or chemicals irritates the skin and can make acne worse.
With most prescription acne treatments, you may not see results for four to eight weeks, and your skin may get worse before it gets better.
Types of acne treatments include:
*Topical treatments- Tretinoin (Avita, Retin-A, Renova) and adapalene (Differin) are examples of topical prescription products derived from vitamin A.
*Antibiotics- prescription oral antibiotics may be needed to reduce bacteria and fight inflammation.
*Isotretinoin- For deep cysts, Isotretinoin is associated with severe birth defects, so it can't be taken by pregnant women or women who may become pregnant during the course of treatment or within several weeks of concluding treatment.isotretinoin may increase the levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood and may increase liver enzyme levels.
*Oral contraceptives
*Laser and light therapy
*Cosmetic procedures
Once your acne improves or clears, you may need to continue your acne medication or other treatment to prevent new acne breakouts.

You can also prevent new acne breakouts with self-care measures, such as washing your skin with a gentle cleanser and avoiding touching or picking at the problem areas.
|

replied July 30th, 2013
I've had acne almost my whole life, and don't remember having this before. Tons of whiteheads all over my chest that all show up at the same time. The really odd part is that my boyfriend had the same thing a couple days ago, and he has excellent skin. I was thinking it might be the heat, but it's only been mid-eighties so nothing severe.
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....