Anyone with ocd or ocd questions post here to talk about it!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Ocd Stuff
Are you obsessive-compulive?
Do you see a therapist?
Do you think ocd can have anything to do with the foods I will or will not eat? It is not a weight issue. I am ok with my weight, but I have always been an extremely picky eater like 4 or 5 foods is all I have ever eaten. I have seen a psychologist one time and he said then than I had ocd tendencies for some other things I went to him for and wanted to give me a rx that day. I didn't think it was wise to start medicine when he had only heard 30 or so min. Of my problems and it being the first time I went. Also, some of the people in his office/waiting area basically scared the hell out of me. So, needless to say, I didn't go back.
|

replied March 6th, 2006
I feel you! Neurological issues can be quite scary! What medication did the psychiatrist prescribe to you? For someone weary of beginning medications, I would highly recommend cbt (cognitive-behavioral therapy), in combination with a well-tolerated ssri (selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitor). The ssri I would recommend would be lexapro. As it is almost universally accepted by patients both young and old. I have taken a variety of medications in conjunction with cbt, and have seen an almost toal disappearence of my once severe ocd. Finally, I can not reiterrate the need to talk about the disorder with your therapist/psychiatrist, as this well help to alleiviate some of the anxiety associated with ocd. Good luck, and keep me updated with your progress! Feel free to email me at any time for more advice!
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Ocd Here!
I have ocd as a partner with tourettes. I am on zoloft currently (2+ years) and have tried prozac as well. The meds help with the counting, but not with some touching (texture) issues. I almost enjoy it at times (i always have to grab my wifes bottom or hold her and rub her bare back). Kinda weird, but she loves the attention. If you have any questions or thoughts, i'm checkin in occasionally so feel free to write. Too many other things going on to write!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....