Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Negative Results..not Convinced

Today I decided to finally put an end to all the curiosity inside of me.My breasts are sore,i don't have much of an appetite,i have clear discharge,lower stomach cramps..Not exactly cramps..But a feeling,i have light headaches a lot and I rarely have headaches,and I can't sleep that good at night because my back feels stressed.On top of it all I feel pregnant.I just have a feeling.So I went in family dollar store and picked up a pregnancy test for a dollar.Well..The results were negative.There was only one test in the box and te results showed up in almost a minute.One big solid negative sign.So i'm like...Omg?I don't know when my period is due because it was 5 days late last month and before then it was 4 days early.But it was supposed to be 27 days.Now it was a whole 32 days.So I don't know when i'll be late.But now i'm on day 28 now.So..Maybe I should re-test??The results haven't ended...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I would wait another week before purchasing a test...The brand of the test does not matter if you are pregnant the hcg level will show up...Trust me I went through many tests and many dollar store tests..I had so many negatives and to tell you the truth it was because I was not pregnant. A few weeks later fourth of july weekend to be exact..I had my husband go to the dollar store and buy me a dollar store test...It showed a positive right away I am talking about within 5-10 seconds. He thought it wasn't right so he drove to wal-mart and bought 3 more boxes of tests some of the off brand equate which has 2 in a box and he bought the expensive ept test...All of which came up showing positive right away...Just remember to take the pregnancy test as soon as you wake up in the morning and drink plenty of water...Your urine in the morning is the best to detect the pregnancy hormone. I don't know if there is any truth in this, but my friend told me that pepsi has something in it that hides the hcg level...I drink pepsi all of the time..Even now that I am pregnant and like I said it still showed that I was pregnant, but maybe if she is right I could have detected the pregnancy even sooner if I had been drinking water...
|

replied November 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I would wait a couple days & re-test. I would recommend that you use your first morning urine -1. Because it has the highest amount of hcg & 2.Because your not positive on when your period is due to start. I would not recommend, however, to drink lots of water before you test. This will dilute your urine & may give false negative results.
|

replied November 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Well I guess the test was right.My period came last night.But I usually have a heavy period.This time its very light and even light in color with brown in it.This is very unusual for my period.I always have to buy always super because of it.So I ended up using a regular tampon which I had difficulty with because of the amount I bled.I didn't have enough blood on it which cause discomfort coming out.My period has always had a heavy beginning and a light ending.It started last night,stopped,and started again.I still have cramps and some clotting too.I didn't know what to do.I ended up taking some pain medicine that the doctor prescibed me for my cramps.I don't know what's happening.I don't necessarily think it's implantation bleeding because of the cramps.
|

Experienced User
Early in your pregnancy women do tend to get period like cramps.

If your period is different than usual it could be implantation bleeding (you just never know) but if you think you might be pregnant still if there's any doubt do not use tampons as these can cause infection.
|

Experienced User
I know.I'm trying to play it safe.All the signs were there and I was so sure.I hope the pain medicine didn't hurt it if anything's in there.Thanks for the advice.
|

replied November 15th, 2005
I'm In Same Boat!
I did exactly the same thing! All the signs were there. I did a hpt and it was negative. I ended up having a "period" exactly like you were saying. Really light in flow and color, then stopped, then started again really dark brown, but no clotting. It all stopped completely yesterday so it lasted a total of 2 days and i'm usually 5-7 days on a period. I'm on birth control so that bleeding was on time with that, but can you still have bleeding like that on birth control and be pregnant? I'm still crampy today, breasts still sore, and still urinating frequently. Keep me posted on your situation so i'll know if I should re-test later too!! Thanks!

Jess
|

I Forgot..
Also, where is your cramping?? Mine is right at my panty line. Just curious if this is the same too and if that makes a difference??

Jess
|

Experienced User
It started right on my vagina.Then it went to right above it.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...