Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Does Birth Control Pills Cause Abortion (Page 1)

User Profile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
I wanted to be fair to psformer so these are some of the sites that I have started reading
|

User Profile
replied November 9th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
stillpcformehere wrote:
tazzy d wrote:
i wanted to be fair

sure you do @@
i've only posted the information twice to have you delete it because jamie might be offended to find out she is a zef killer.

first off I didnt delete it.. 2nd I was trying to be fair... 3d dont start again.. We have an agreement. I wont break my word i1f you dont break your's
|

replied November 10th, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Thank you for reposting these :)
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Birth control causing an abortion, or a misscarriage?
|

Especially eHealthy
Abortion by preventing the implantation of a fertilized zygote.
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
A miscarriage is considered a spontanious abortion... Technology is saying that birth control pills are causing a chemical abortion.. But there are conflicting stories regarding this information
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I looked up abortion on dictionary.Com and there are all sorts of definitions for it.

1.Termination of pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or of a fetus that is incapable of survival.
2.Any of various procedures that result in such termination and expulsion. Also called induced abortion.
3.The premature expulsion of a nonviable fetus from the uterus; a miscarriage.
4.Cessation of normal growth, especially of an organ or other body part, prior to full development or maturation.
5.An aborted organism.
6.Something malformed or incompletely developed; a monstrosity.

1.The expulsion of an embryo or fetus before it is viable.
2.A miscarriage.
3.An aborted organism.
4.Cessation of normal growth, especially of an organ or other body part, before full development or maturation.
5.The arrest of an action or process before its completion

some of the defs are a lil nasty, but just thought i'd share all the diff meanings.
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2005
Community Volunteer
stillpcformehere wrote:
lil_blaze2004 wrote:
some of the defs are a lil nasty, but just thought i'd share all the diff meanings.

and this has to do with hormonal birth control causing "micro" abortions?

ya cause did you look at "5.The arrest of an action or process before its completion" which I guess pertains to bcp.
|

replied November 18th, 2005
Does Birth Control Cause Abortions
I just wanted to reply to that statement. That can in fact be true. But if you are in doubt about the actions the hormonal makeup of the birth control method of your choice works, you should consult your doctor.
I am married to a man in the clergy had to hunt for a form of birth control that did what we wanted for us.
If you educate yourself, you will quickly know the difference.
|

Extremely eHealthy
That is the main idea, to educate yourself on what works best for you as an individual person. What works for me may not work for you, but that doesn't mean that it has to be illegal, or that it is wrong. Rarely do women ovulate on birth control pills, and when they do it is usually because they missed a pill by a few days. On the mini-pill most women still ovulate, but it creates a hostile uterine environment to impede on fertilization. On regular combined oral pills women rarely ovulate, but if this is a concern for you then obviously another method is to be used. The problem is when people try and force their beliefs on others.
|

Experienced User
Carifairy....
I don't believe in "forcing my beliefs" on others nor do I like when people do that in every situation except abortion. Abortion involves a human life being destroyed for .B.A.D selfish reasons, not "normal" good selfish reasons. It kills and destroys an innocent human life. It's not right. It is sick and disgusting and if there was something I could do to illegalize it, I would do anything in my power. I live to see the day roe vs wade is overturned, if it ever is. Abortion should be illegal except in medical terminal circumstances.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Roe v wade being overturned will not make abortion illegal, it will only give power back to the states. So the states that had abortion legal pre roe v wade would still be legal.
|

Extremely eHealthy
But see, there you go. By saying you want abortion illegal, you are forcing your beliefs on others. By me saying I want abortion legal, I am not forcing you to abort, but you would be forcing me not to abort if it was illegal. You can belive whatever you want to believe, you can believe abortion is wrong, and disgusting. You should not expect everyone to agree with you, or to act in a way that pleases you.
|

replied November 19th, 2005
Experienced User
carifairy wrote:
but see, there you go. By saying you want abortion illegal, you are forcing your beliefs on others. By me saying I want abortion legal, I am not forcing you to abort, but you would be forcing me not to abort if it was illegal. You can belive whatever you want to believe, you can believe abortion is wrong, and disgusting. You should not expect everyone to agree with you, or to act in a way that pleases you.

look--i know everyone is different, it is what makes the world go around.
No I don't expect everyone to agree with me. What I do expect is people to be decent and moral and have enough common .E.D.I.T. Sense to know that abortion is sick and indecent and killing your very own child is terrible. I don't talk about my views to get people to "please" me. You dont know me enough I guess, to know that people can think what they want and frankly, the opinions that matter to me are those of the ones I love. I don't care what sally, joe or bo think about me. That's just the attitude I have. I don't care much for people outside of those that I love and matter to me. Maybe that is a ed.It attitude but I trust nobody and I think people are selfish and rude for the most part. Hopefully one day I can change my outlook with that. But regardless of that or anything in life, abortion will never be normal or anyone's right. Obviously it is a right because it is legal but it should not be. Amen!! ;o)
|

replied November 20th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
You say you don't care about anyone but your loved ones, and thats perfectly fine with me. So why do you care so much about what's inside of my uterus? It is obviously not your loved one. Number two:again, it is you who says that abortion is disgusting, but we don't think so.(pro choicers) that is strictly your belief, and you do not have the right to inflict your beliefs on society.(thank goddess) a child is born, a fetus is unborn, there is a huge developmental difference between the two that I beg you will research.
|

Experienced User
carifairy wrote:
you say you don't care about anyone but your loved ones, and thats perfectly fine with me. So why do you care so much about what's inside of my uterus? It is obviously not your loved one. Number two:again, it is you who says that abortion is disgusting, but we don't think so.(pro choicers) that is strictly your belief, and you do not have the right to inflict your beliefs on society.(thank goddess) a child is born, a fetus is unborn, there is a huge developmental difference between the two that I beg you will research.

so what if a fetus is "unborn". It is in the process of developing, just like you and I once did. That is how human life begins, we all have a right to it. Research what? I have....A lot. The conclusions are easy to understand. Nobody with a conscious sees abortion as "ok". Not caring about what other people think is different than me being concerned with abortion. I care that innocent babies are dying because of a woman's careless decision. That woman has nobody in mind but her damn self. I don't care about anyone's uterus per say, I care about innocent children. I care that woman like to kill human beings like it's nothing. I care that they can get away with it but .God forbid I kill someone intruding into my house, I will end up in prison for manslaughter. Funny world isn't it?
|

Extremely eHealthy
You cannot kill somone who enters your house unless they have a gun, but you can point a gun at them and encourage them to go away. An intruder is born, a fetus is unborn. Huge difference.
|

Experienced User
carifairy wrote:
you cannot kill somone who enters your house unless they have a gun, but you can point a gun at them and encourage them to go away. An intruder is born, a fetus is unborn. Huge difference.

that is not the point. The intruder was unborn once too, so what? I'm not understanding this silly little argument about being unborn. That is how human life begins, in fact, how all life begins. I'm not aware of anything magically appearing-poof! Lol

i don't care if the intruder is born. If someone comes into my house with a gun, i'm shooting him/her. No if ands or buts about it. I will protect my family to all lengths an sadly, I would be prosecuted for it. And even if he did not have a gun, but had a knife or simply had a hold of me.....I would shoot him dead if I had to. And again, be prosecuted. For defending my family and i. Yet, it's perfectly legal to kill an innocent baby who can do no harm. That is wrong, twisted and backwards. But then again...So is this world and society so what should I expect right? As I always say, this world/mankind is slowly destroying itself.
|

Especially eHealthy
sunshine424 wrote:
carifairy wrote:
you cannot kill somone who enters your house unless they have a gun, but you can point a gun at them and encourage them to go away. An intruder is born, a fetus is unborn. Huge difference.

that is not the point. The intruder was unborn once too, so what? I'm not understanding this silly little argument about being unborn. That is how human life begins, in fact, how all life begins. I'm not aware of anything magically appearing-poof! Lol

i don't care if the intruder is born. If someone comes into my house with a gun, i'm shooting him/her. No if ands or buts about it. I will protect my family to all lengths an sadly, I would be prosecuted for it. And even if he did not have a gun, but had a knife or simply had a hold of me.....I would shoot him dead if I had to. And again, be prosecuted. For defending my family and i. Yet, it's perfectly legal to kill an innocent baby who can do no harm. That is wrong, twisted and backwards. But then again...So is this world and society so what should I expect right? As I always say, this world/mankind is slowly destroying itself.

i do believe she said that if they have a gun you can legally shoot them.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...