Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Long Did It Take You to Get Pregnant?

Hi, I am 34 and my husband and I have been trying for almost four months. I know it is not a long time but my sisters always got pregnant on the first try. This has made me anxious. Can people tell me other experiences so I can relax?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 7th, 2005
Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Pregnant?
bee71 wrote:
hi, I am 34 and my husband and I have been trying for almost four months. I know it is not a long time but my sisters always got pregnant on the first try. This has made me anxious. Can people tell me other experiences so I can relax?

hi there, my name is rosario tobar, I am 16 and i've been married for six months. I got pregnant in march of this year, and I had been trying since last november. Then I had a miscarriage at the end of may, so there went my efforts!!! I got on birth control for about three months, and got off in september, and have been trying to concieve ever since, but no luck!!! I'm not sure if the miscarriage or birth control have anything to do with it. But keep on trying, and best of luck!!!
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Hi, im 23 yrs old and me and my husband concieved 3 yrs ago. Unfortunately, I miscarried at about 1 1/2. Now 3yrs. Later its taking us sometime hopefully in which this month would have done the trick in our 3months of trying again. Good luck.....
|

Experienced User
It Will Happen Soon Enuff.
Hi,

i am 38, and I have gotten pregnant on every form of b/c. No lie. I have an 11 year old daughter and with her it was the pill. Then in 2004 I was on depo and it happened twice. I miscarried both times though. Then in august this year I was back on the pill again and I got pregnant. So I guess everybody's body is just different. I was told that once I was on depo that it takes about a year to 18 months to conceive. Yeah, right. I got pregnant within 5/6 months after my second shot of depo. But not to worry my sister-in-law has been trying for 8 years, and it just happened. So hang in there and hopefully something gud will happen soon. After my miscarriages my doctor told me 'nothing before its time' and I firmly believe that. Once you have exhauste dthe fact that there is nothin wrong with you medically then you will get pregnant, just a matter of time really. God works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform, always remember that :p
|

One broken condom when I was 23 resulted in my first pregnancy (and miscarriage). This baby was planned, I too am 34! I've had cysts with ovulation. The doctor was convinced I has poycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos hard to lose weight, cysts, facial hair, etc.) anyway I had a iud for nearly 10 years. I had it removed since it's time was up........And I was pregnant withing 1.5 months. The doctor was amazed, and happy (what a great guy!). My husband said "i knew I had good swimmers" meaning his sperm was above average. He's pretty amazing, so it's a good thing all around!

I have a friend that has a 18 month old, she is 24. She and her husband tried for 6 months before she was pregnant again. She's now 24 weeks.
I recall that I was ovulating, I noticed the mucus......And made the moves on my husband. It was easy :) it also takes time, i've heard just 25% get pregant right away. Some can take up to a year. Jus have sex all the time, and it will happen :)
|

Experienced User
I stopped the pill in may this year when me and hubby started trying for our first and fell pregnant in august (3 months). I started to worry in july cause nothing was happening but decided to forget about trying for a while and just let nature do its thing. Try to relax (i know its hard) it does help.

Good luck, lets us know how things go.
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Experienced User
It took 11 months with our first but miscarried. My guess why it took that long is because I am so stressed out with my work!! My second only took 2 months (after my miscarriage). My guess is because I am more relaxed, no stressful job to worry and we do it when I am ovulating. Just relax and enjoy the intimate moments you spend together... And it will just happen when you least expect it. Goodluck.
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Experienced User
I'm 23 and from the time I got off birth control, it took us about 7 months to get pregnant.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...