Ok I know this sounds really bad an di should probably go to the Dr. But I have been having this chest pain randomly for like 6 years. It is a really sharp pain onm the left side of my chest and it usually only lasts maybe 5 seconds but then sometimes it will come right back. The pain is so intense I can't breathe when I am having it and I can't move either I just freeze. I am afriad it is because of my bulimia. Does anyone knwo what this is or have you had it? When I have it I otherwise fele fine not weak or like I am going to passout or anything this pain just come on.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 7th, 2005
The pain in your chest could simply be heartburn but I presume that it is your esophagus screaming out to you if you have been purging. Do you feel pressure on your chest and feel like its hard to catch your breath?? I had damaged my esophagus so bad after 8 plus years of purging that I physically could not purge anymore because it hurt my chest so bad. Don't rule out other possibilities. You want to make sure it is not your heart but it sounds like esophagus probs. Good news is that the damage is reversable. I started feeling better after my doc put me on prevacid and protonix to repair the damage and I began recovery for my bulimia. I just had an upper endoscope to check my esophagus and i'm happy to say everything looked fine. Bad news is if you keep purging you may rupture your esophagus and the damage may be irreversable.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....