Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ummm when you lose your mucus plug can it be just like discharge but have a pinkish color??? How long after you lose your mucus plug do you go into labor???? Please reply soon
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ktlizbet
|

replied November 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Well, we are learining about his is our child develpoe ment class. Yeah when you loose your mucus plug you do get a pinkish discharge. After you loose it you shouldn't have any sexual intercourse b/c it can cause an infection. I don't know when you could go into labor but I know it could be soon so good luck with everything.
|

replied November 5th, 2005
lonely_angel wrote:
well, we are learining about his is our child develpoe ment class. Yeah when you loose your mucus plug you do get a pinkish discharge. After you loose it you shouldn't have any sexual intercourse b/c it can cause an infection. I don't know when you could go into labor but I know it could be soon so good luck with everything.

thanks for the help im so scared im only 15 but I know that I can do it :-)
|

replied November 5th, 2005
Experienced User
Well I think it is about two weeks or some where around there you could go into labor after loosing your mucus plug. Well I think you can handle it to good luck let me know how everything goes :)
|

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2005
Experienced User
Mucus Plug
It could be anywhere from a couple of days or a couple of weeks, it just means your cervix is starting to stretch and soften- it has to be soft to dilate during contractions.
Unless it was dislodged during an internal examination.
You can still have sex and baths and stuff, infection is only a risk if your waters break.
Good luck !!
|

replied April 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Jess
With my second I lost my plug 2 weeks befor he was born an dilated to 4 centermeters bout 3 days befor I went into labour
|

replied July 11th, 2009
I've just lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks and the two OB's that I've talked to, as well as my cousin whom is a midwife all say the same thing. It is not a count down indicator to labour, it can come out because you're over exerting yourself(too much lifting, bending, stretching, stress...etc) which causes your cervix to stretch. A woman can carry for several weeks after the plug is lost but you HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT INFECTION! If you've lost your mucus plug preterm (36 weeks or earlier) see your health care provider. Make sure you're not taking baths (sitting in your own bacteria), and wash yourself with antibacterial soap after you go to the washroom. Wear clean cotton panties, and don't do anything that will over exert you, or your baby.
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2011
Losing Mucus Plug But No Labor Yet?
with both of my pregnancys i slowly lost my mucus plug, but mine was never pink, it was always white. and with my first son i didnt even lose mine completely til i went into labor and they broke my water for me...i was losing my plug for almost 2 months with him also. so it could take forever! if you've lost it already and still nothing, try going on a brisk walk and swing your hips back and forth so that it kind of makes a twisting motion in your stomach and groin area. then have sex (sounds wierd but as rough or hard as you can stand, and have your parner go DEEP in so that it hits your cervix or gets close to it anyway.) then make sure that you lay down so that the sperm stays in for about 15mins. after that get up and go for another brisk walk doing the same swinging motion. that will halp to get contrations going and make them come on strong. so be prepaired because it WILL hurt! But it will also help to get your little one to come quicker. once you get to the hospital, make sure you countinue to do the walking motion while walking in the halls if your contractions start to die down. and going up and down hills and stairs are the best for walking if you have access to them. hope this helps! and good luck with your newborn! Smile
|

replied November 4th, 2011
With my son my first pregnancy I lost my mucus plug in the morning n gave birth that same night.. Second pregnancy I'm currently 40w 2d n have been loosing my mucus plug in little pieces over the pass couple weeks
|
Quick Reply