Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Chemical Skin Peeling & Microdremabrasion

I would like to peel away skin to give it an even tone & get rid of some layers of sun damaged skin. I have smile wrinkles, & in between my eyebrows I have a pretty good wrinkle line. Also a problem with my pores which are showing more theses days. Why do pores become enlarged?
I have seen over the counter low strength chemical peeling kits, as well as the microdermabrasion kits all available by l'oreal or oil of olay or neutragena....
Question........Does anybody have feedback on any of these over the counter products if these actually do the job?
I don't want products that just help the "appearance" or just "hide" the above skin problems I have. I want to buy a working product.
Might I need to go to see a dermatologist for stronger working ingredients?
I'm a 31 yr old mom/wife who appreciates all your input in advance!! :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 12th, 2005
Enlarge Pores

i tried neutrogena microdemabrasion kit. Hmmm... It is an ok product. After treatment, my skin is more radiance. It just basically polish your skin and get rid some of the dead skin. If you want to get rid of the wrinkles and sun damaged skin, don't waste your money on neutrogena. It's better you go see a dermatologist first.
|

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These products are not much helpful.
Its better to consult dermatologist for laser therapy or dermabrasion.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: skin, appearance
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.