Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Weight Gain...help!

Sad I am 23 years old and over the past couple of years, I have gained a significant amount of weight. I am very unhappy with myself. I began to work out about 2 weeks ago. I know that is a very short amount of time to see results but I am concerned. My typical workout is 45 minutes of cardio and then 20-25 minutes of weights (stomach, arms, legs). Is this a good workout for weight loss and toning? I just want to be able to fit into some of my old clothes again. I am concerned because I have actually gained 4 pounds. Does anyone have any indea why that might be? I am desperate at this point!! Someone please help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2003
Muscle Weighs More Than Fat
Roxie, if you are working out a lot, you are definately gaining muscle tone. Muscle weighs more than fat does. It is possible that the 4lbs you gained are from muscle tone. Do you eat healthy food as well as work out?
|

replied December 9th, 2003
Foods
I try to eat as well as I can but I have a terrible time with will power. I normally eat two healthy meals (fruit, salad, etc.) but tend to have one meal a day that isn't quite as healthy. I take in an average of 1200 calories a day. Is this bad?
|

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2018
Experienced User
Do not worry. Proper nutrition and exercise will return your form.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....