Hi everyone!

I am new here!

I am tracy, soon to be 29, have a 7 year old son and another baby on the way..Due in march 2006. We currently reside in new brunswick canada.

I have found the last two weeks I have been having extreme difficulty coping with stress and am very sensitive to things and comments etc..At first I figured it was just pregnancy hormones but have come to realise that spending everyday for two weeks straight curled up in a ball crying my eyes out isn't normal. I have also been pushing my s/o away and treating him badly when all he has been doing is being the best support he can and father to this soon to be baby.

He and I are in a long distance relationship right now. He lives in pensylvannia and I am in canada. We have been close friends since 2000 and romanticaly involved since 2004. This is also his first baby. We are happy to be having this baby even though it was not planned. But the distance right now is really really hard on both of us and its taking its toll on our relationship. I am always accusing him of things, snapping at him, distancing myself from him.

A lot of things have been happening the last year for me and its been rough and its all starting to catch up on me....One thing..The distance between my s/o and i...His family are against the pregnancy. His mother despises me, she is using her health to make me feel guilty about this baby and making him feel aweful. I feel sorry for him because he has no support whatsoever on his side of the family. The only one person who does is one of his aunts whom he is close with and her daughter was in the same boat as we are. So she can relate. My family are all excited about the upcoming baby and everything. So that is at least a good thing and they told me that they take him as their own son as well and are sorry that his family is being that way. And you know what..I know I shouldn't let that get to me. Because it will be his mother who will regret it later on on missing out on getting to know her first and last grandchild.

Another thing thats really bothering me is my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer at the age of 45 in nov of 2004. She had surgery performed on her in jan 2005 and have had 3/4 of her left lung removed successfuly. She has had radiation as well which was successful. But now they have found two more tumors and even though they say they are not active and small it still worries me. My grandmother (my mom's mother) died when I was barely a year old at the age of 47 of breast cancer. My grandmothers mother also died at 46 from a form of cancer as well with my mom being really young. So see the pattern here? My mom will be turning 46 in a few weeks and with this pregnancy I can't help but to worry that this baby will lose her grandmother as well at a young age. I just can't lose my mom now kwim?

Anywho those are just two of the many things thats been really bothering me latly. I try soooo hard to focus on this baby growing inside of me but I can't help but to stress and worry about many things coming and etc...

Anyways. Sorry for the long message and rambling. I just feel like I have no one to talk to. I can't talk to my mom because of her health. She can't be under any stress right now. I can't talk to my s/o because the poor guy is going through enough on his side of the family with his mom being on his back. Oh and my s/o is 34 and a lonely child!

I hope I can get some comfort and resources and support from this group. And I hope I can provide some to others as well!

Thanks for taking the time to read. I really appreciate it!

Tracy :(
edd march 2006
dylan 1998
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You would need antidepressants and cognitive behaviour therapy sessions. I would suggest you to start flouxetine and look for the response after 3 weeks.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.