I just returned from vacation and on the trip I got what I thought was food poisoning. I ate fish and shrimp and an hour later I felt ill. I had fever and vomiting all night. The first three days I was in so much pain. It is day four and I still feel ill (better but ill). The area around my appendix is very tender and sore. I am afraid that it may be my appendix that was causing all the pain. It hurts when I cough and laugh. I would love to go to the doctor, but I do not have insurance. I just graduated college and my insurance does kick in until january. What advice do you have for me?
|

replied October 30th, 2005
It could be food poisoning, or it could be appendix. If your appendix bursts, it can be life threatening. Insurance or not, I would get it investigated asap!
|
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....