My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years. We we first got together he told me in a couple of years he wanted children. He said he wanted them then too. At that time I didn't so I :cry: shamefully shot his idea down. Now 2 years later I am ready.

How can I tell him about this. I feel like I might scare him for some reason.

Is it normal that he doesn't want to marry? He said it just complicates but then why would he want a baby?

Please, any feedback would be more than welcomed.
Thank you, kk
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 30th, 2005
Experienced User
It sounds like yous need to sit down and have a good old heart to heart. Just tell him how you are feeling and that you would like to start a family if/when he is ready too. He deserves to know what you want and he needs to tell you what he want aswell

not everyone needs to be married. Some people don't beleive that they need a piece of paper to say they love each other. Were his parents married? And if so are they still happily together?
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Yup, you should really talk to him about everything. It is good to communicate even if you don't agree on things. I don't think it is normal for him not to wanna get married but to wanna have a baby. It is a commitment both ways????? I would be confused also girl........

Good luck,

t~
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
About the readly or rather not ready for marraige thing may I ask how old you guys are??
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....