Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on different sleep positions I could try. I havnt been for my first docs appointment yet I go on the 18th of nov but i'm around 3 months pregnant with my third and cannot seem to get comfy. Ive been laying on my left side but im not getting that much sleep. Im a stomach and right side sleeper normally. Please I really need some help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 29th, 2005
Experienced User
I have the same problem as well but sadly, sleeping on the left side is the recommended position which is not comfortable for mums but for the baby. I do have some nights that I just toss and turn, toss and turn for almost 2 hours until I give up. What I did before is to go online, watch tv just to tire myself. Sometimes, I give myself a treat. I sleep for few minutes on my right and lie down on my back but I eventually move back to sleeping on my left when my baby is starting to acting up again! What I am doing right now (that seems to work) is I drink 1 - 2 cups of warm milk before going to bed. I sleep alright and sleeping on your left will not bother you that much. The only time I have to get up is when I have to empty my bladder. And amazingly, going back to sleep is not a problem as well. Hope this helps.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Benadryll will put you to sleep and can be taken during pregnancy
|

Cant Sleep And Over Emotional
I am 10 weeks pregnant and have not been able to sleep since two weeks before I found out I was pregnant but can sleep like a baby during the day. I have also noticed in the last couple of weeks I have been over emotional to the point where I could quite easily cry at adverts on the tv to taken anything anyone says to me to heart and getting upset over it.. Is anyone else like this or am I weird.
|

replied October 30th, 2005
Problems Sleeping
Thank you everyone for your replys. Im gonna try them all.Lol. As for butrfly im around 10 -12 weeks (not been confirmed yet) but I am going through the same thing. I have been very emotional about everything. Commercials, tv shows anything its driving my husband nuts. One minute im fine the next im balling like a baby.(no pun intended).Lol dont worry about it though theres nothing weird about it were all going through the same thing.
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
Sleeping Is Just Napping Now
Can anybody please answer a question for me or help out i'm about 8weeks and basically when I got pregnant I stopped sleeping through the night I go to sleep at 9 or 10pm at night n wake up between 12:30 and 4:30am and can't go back to sleep I don't take naps but I do get tired around 7pm just I wanna know why I can't sleep and when I do its only for a few hours ive tried sleeping on my left side yes that puts me to sleep and is comfortable but I just toss an turn after awhile n milk makes me just still stay up a little sleepy but not much please can anyone help me or give me some suggestions on what to do id be much appreciative thank you
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Benadryll has the same active ingredient as tylenol pm and is safe during pregnancy...It will definitely help you sleep as well as help with allergies.
I also had trouble sleeping during my first trimester when I was pregnant. Another thing you can take if it is prescribed is phenergrine- which is commonly used for nausea during pregnancy and side effect is drowsiness.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...