My mother spent the night in the hospital last night with chest pain. This is not the first time something like this has happened.

They did an x-ray and took some blood and wanted to to a stress test this morning. She did the x-ray and the blood test but wouldn't let them do the stress test.

She told me that the blood test showed some "stress hormones" that lead the dr to think she just had an anxiety attack. Well when I was there the dr told me that her symptoms lead them to think that she may have angina. Besides that, she told me herself that she wasn't stressed or upset when the pain started.

I haven't been able to find much about anxiety and anything in your blood, I think she is lying to me as well as herself and is just afraid of getting more tests.

Can anyone tell me more about anxiety and how you are diagnosed with this, is there something in your blood that can show this?

Thanks,

~ flutter :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
There is blood test for diagnosis of anxiety.
There is DSM 5 criteria which is based on symptoms.
I would suggest her stress test.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Angina is described as general chest pain. But when does angina occur? And what types of angina might you be experiencing? Start learning the basics here....
Angina is a symptom of heart problems such as coronary heart disease. But what can trigger chest pain? And who is at risk of developing angina? ...
Angina is a squeezing, burning or tight pressure sensation in the chest. But when should you seek help? When does angina become serious?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.