User Profile
Hi im 17 and asenior in high school......I think I have an addiction to meat or burgers or something liek that.....Well I eat nothing but burgers...Seriously I eat about twice a day.....Ill usually eat a pizza at school then a burger once im out and thats all I eat all day.....Now im in no way fat or anything im actually in excellent shape since I lift weights and wrestle but im worried how my inside is....Both my parents suffer from some sort of heart disease and have high cholesterol and im afraid I do too.....But I cant stop eating burgers all day and I guess I really dont care since I look great and have no problems but im worried that I might have a heart attack at a young age......Does anyone know anyway I can stop eating im like freaking addicted......Plus now I hate veggies and crap I cant stand eating them.......Help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 7th, 2003
Man
Man just wake up, think about your !**@! heart, and crap, and eat those damn veggies, and enjoy them, tell yourself that shiznit is gonna save u a heart attack at 25 years old

damn.

Stop eating burgers and pizza too
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2003
Thanks but if it was that easy I wouldnt be here.......Im actually eating a burger as I type
|

replied December 14th, 2003
Experienced User
It is simple. Buy extra lean hamburger. Meat is good for you. Just don't eat all of the fatty kind.
|

replied December 17th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Throw together a salad or side of veggies and a piece fruit with that hamburger, skip the soda and have a glass of milk! That would help!
|

replied December 25th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
There's a big, huge in fact difference between asking for help (as you have) & actually being prepared to accept it, to do anything about the problem (which as yet you seem unwilling to do??)

if you want to change you can & you will but only if you want to.

There's an unending list of different types of foods in the world & you have a computer & can use it(obviously!!) so go on-line & search out recipes, cooking styles, watch cooking shows (don't know if you get the show, jamie's kitchen - a british working class guy who is a brilliant chef but makes really easy & a huge variety of meals), read magazines & look for recipes.

In other words look around for things that you might like to try (do you have malls with international food courts like we do where you could sample some foods from other countries? Mind you they're never as nice as the real thing or as homecooked.). Would your parents cook new things with you, which might also help them?

Bottom line, the choice is yours - life >>>> this way or death where you're going.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....