Ok, any help on this would be highly appreciated. I have no idea what to do.

This is the situation: my parents have been married for 35 years. Over the years (over about 10 years) I have found several things indicating my father is gay. I am now almost certain he is gay. I have dealt with this on my own for a long time. Last week my 15 year old brother came over to my house stating he had found something and said he thinks dad is gay. I told him I already thought that, etc, etc. We are unsure if our mother knows. I am older, and have been able to deal with this as I never really had a good relationship with my father (maybe this is because i'm a girl...).

I am afraid my brother is not dealing with this well at all, he is now drinking heavily at least once a week...And he's only 15!!!

I have no idea what to do about this. It would break my mothers heart if she knew, and my brother is steadily going downhill after finding this out. I'm not sure what psychological effect this has on a 15 year old boy. And might I add, he's a very "masculine" boy.

Please, please, please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 26th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
The most important thing I think you can do is to do what you can to keep your brother from drinking at his age. Next I would say that it might not be your job to break it to your mother. She should probably here it coming right from your fatherl; how you manage to do that is the trick.
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Talk to your father! Tell him how you feel and what you think its doing to your brother.
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Re: Urgent Help!
rosa1234 wrote:
and might I add, he's a very "masculine" boy.

that has nothing to do with being able to handle it or not.
|