I have noticed recently that more and more people are appearing with patches of different colour in their hair some white some grey but in my case jet black, when my hair colour is naturally brown, its not that the hair colour is different but also the texture of the hair it is thicker and more resilliant than the rest you may also say it is super hair. Can anyone clear this up for me just a name is all I am after
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Hair Color
For me a very strange thing has happened. I have normally ash blonde hair to medium brown and about 8 months ago gray hair starting popping up. It began popping up just weeks after a difficult and personal struggle in my life that was not a health concern. Now, these gray hairs have about 2 inches of dark brown roots. I can't figure it out. I am considering the thought of stress playing a factor here but looked on the net and cannot find any sources that states it to be fact.
|

replied November 9th, 2005
Hair Colour Change
This sounds familiar but only in cases of fiction, with people's hair turning white from shock. My concern is that if this the case then why cant I find anything medical about it and why different colours, it cant be just a few people graham norton has multi colourd patches of hair maybe we should ask him?
|

Like I said, I cannot find anything about it either. But I have it! Hormones, stress? I don't know. I know that when I brush my hair, and a few strands fall out onto my sweather, some of them look like dog hair! Have you ever held up a dog hair and realy looked at it? Unless its a poodle, you usualy see patchy colors all on one strand. My hair is the same way. Not all strands but quite a few. I am 35 so I know that gray hair is an issue however these gray hairs are now turning back to color at the roots and darker than my original hair color. I have asked a couple of hair dressers and they cannot tell me why. The actually look at my hair and just say "wow, thats' werid...I have no idea why."
|

Thats what I get as well couple of years back I decided to shave my head and everyone I saw nticed it and said it was quite freaky, its not that I dont like it, I think it looks quite cool but the curiosity of why is killing me I even sent a mail to the united staes medical journal and as of yet they aint replied, as far as I know I havent had that much trauma or stress in life, not to turn my hair black anyway.
|

Well let me know if they do reply to you. I will tell you that my husband was a red head when he was a boy and now he has dark hair, nearly black. He has nearly blonde/light red eye brows and his facial hair is very patchy. If he grows a beard, it is full of dark hair, red hair, blonde hairs and white! So....He continues to shave ;)

we have seven children and only one child, our youngest boy is a read head. But I watch their hair to see if it will change like their daddy's.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Hair loss affects more than half of the population by age 60. Start here for basic info on hair loss and types of hair loss that doctors can diagnose....
What causes hair loss? Read on for a complete list of possible causes so that you can evaluate and identify hair loss causes....
Do you know the early signs of hair loss? And when does hair loss require medical attention? Get better results for treating hair loss by identifying it early....