I'm new here and have enjoyed the company on this forum. It gives me something to look foward to on the days I don't feel so well and that seems to be quite often lately Crying or Very sad .

I'm daisy and I live in the sweetest place, "hershey, pa". I'm 37, married to a wonderful man (he works at the chocolate factory and smells like it when he gets home...Yum. I provide job security for him. I love chocolate, it's good medicine...Lol ), and have a moody 14 year old son (puberty sucks!) from a prior marriage. I was diagnosed with sle in 1999. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, aniphospholid blood disorder, tmj, sjogrens, ibs, and asthma. I had gotten sick 6 mos after my husband and I got married.

I love animals. I have 6 birds, fish and a wonderful dog. We did have a mini zoo but I had to downsize due to my health.

I worked in the medical field for 8 years ( I lived in atlanta, georgia for almost 9 years), have a criminal justice degree, was an insurance agent for 5 years, and now work part time managing a hair salon owned by brother-in-law. I also started a christian based support group in our area about 6 mos ago.

That is the nut shell version of my life. I love taking on a good challenge but this is to much some days. I'm sure all of you know what i'm talking about. Every new day there is another new symptom or disease added to my list. At what point does it make sense to not add to that list? I guess that would be the day when the dr doesn't give me one more pill to take Confused . Oh no, I answered my own question Rolling Eyes . Has anyone figured out that there's 12 inches of snow outside and i'm trapped in the house with "puberty boy" and there's the threat of 4 more inches............Help Laughing ok i'll stop.......I feel trapped , but have no where to go anyway Laughing Laughing ! Thank you for sticking with me on this. I hope to hear from anyone.....Please just one person.... Laughing . I'm going Laughing Laughing ......I'm scared because i'm finding humor in myself. Bye daisy Wink
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 17th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
I have been meaning to respond to this for days...Sorry for taking so long.

It is nice to meet you! Is there still tons of snow on the ground? My uncle-in-law was complaining about more snow in pittsburgh on sunday.

We are thrilled to have you here. You seem so well-adjusted and upbeat...And with lupus that can drain you! Lol! Smile

i have told my story a while ago...So I won't bore everyone again...Smile

hugs!
Ladybrannon
|

replied December 22nd, 2003
Hi, my name is melissa, i'm new to this site but I think it's really neat.I'm 23 and I was dignosed with lupus when I was 18, and at that time went in to the hospital for 3 1/2 monthes, had cemo for six monthes, had dialisys for my kidneys, was told I was not going to make it by many doctors, and told I would have to have a kidney transplate, but now 5 1/2 years later I have my hair back, not on dialisys, and almost normal kidney function, and my lupus is in remission for know!! Smile I get depressed alot, and scared that it will come back soon but I try to take it a day at a time, but i'm glad I found this site.Thanks, jonesm51280
|

replied December 22nd, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi melissa!

Welcome! It seems like you have been through a lot and, thank goodness, doing well.

There are a lot of us here who have been through many of the same things you discuss. I was 26 at diagnosis, but was sick for much longer. My college years were a "kidney" nightmare.

Again, welcome and lots of warm hugs,
ladybrannon
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....