I think I finially know what I have. Ever since I can remember, even as a child, I would get these obsessions with stupid stuff like I had a facination with shoes, then it was my hair, then it was babies, I can't even remember all the stuff, but I would get so obsessed about whatever it was I was "on to" that that was all I could think about at the time. I have never been social and I never understand jokes and people think I am "weird" because of the things I like. I was a nerd in school (no friends really). People just said I was dumb because I had no humor and I was weird. This was very hard on me because I didn't know why I liked the things I did and I coudn't help it. I thought maybe I had o.C.D. But I didn't really wash all the time or check things over and over. Then, I saw a program on t.V. About aspergers and it fit me to a tee. If anyone has this, please let me know so I can figgure out if I should go see a phycyatrist and get tested. Thanks a lot.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 13th, 2005
Re: I Think I Have Aspergers
reinke wrote:
i think I finially know what I have. Ever since I can remember, even as a child, I would get these obsessions with stupid stuff like I had a facination with shoes, then it was my hair, then it was babies, I can't even remember all the stuff, but I would get so obsessed about whatever it was I was "on to" that that was all I could think about at the time. I have never been social and I never understand jokes and people think I am "weird" because of the things I like. I was a nerd in school (no friends really). People just said I was dumb because I had no humor and I was weird. This was very hard on me because I didn't know why I liked the things I did and I coudn't help it. I thought maybe I had o.C.D. But I didn't really wash all the time or check things over and over. Then, I saw a program on t.V. About aspergers and it fit me to a tee. If anyone has this, please let me know so I can figgure out if I should go see a phycyatrist and get tested. Thanks a lot.

maybe talking to a docotor would be a good idea?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....