Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Have You Heard 'bout Raspberry Tea?

In one of the sessions of my pre-natal class, one of the mums mentioned 'bout raspberry tea. She said that it makes labour easier and all women in their family who were pregnant took it and proven to be effective. This tea should be taken 5 weeks before your due date. You can buy it in regular tea bags or in capsule. I have always avoided coffee and herbal teas with this pregnancy but I am quite curious if this really works! It's usually out of stock in one of the bigger supermarket chains here but finally got one in nutrition corner. And hey, its caffeine free! What do you think bout this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I've read a lot about this tea (i'm 5 months) and I am planning on taking it. I've read that you shouldn't take it any sooner then 3 months before your due date, and start off in small amounts (1 cup a day or 1 tablet a day) and then slowly increase. It's supposed to help with labour itself and can even encourage labour (hence the not taking it to soon before your due date, and in small doses to start). Some people claim it does nothing at all. But since no studies have been able to show that it causes any side effects to the baby or mother, I don't see why it would hurt to try it. I will try and find the really great website I was reading about it on for you and post it.

Good luck with your labour and delivery! If you decide to use the tea let me know if it works.

Kimmie
|

Rasberry Tea
I am expecting my third child. For my first I took caster oil and oj bad idea it was awfull. For my second I drank rasberry tea (i made it like iced tea with lemon juice and sugar) I had my son a week early!!!!
I'm not sure if it worked or a coincidence? But I was happy
good luck
|

Experienced User
thanks for sharing this website. This site is wonderful and very informative. Will browse further in the next few days. Will likely to try this raspberry leaf tea but during the later stage of my pregnancy. Will keep you posted if it will work!
|

Experienced User
Re: Rasberry Tea
sweetbaby_brat wrote:
i am expecting my third child. For my first I took caster oil and oj bad idea it was awfull. For my second I drank rasberry tea (i made it like iced tea with lemon juice and sugar) I had my son a week early!!!!

I'm not sure if it worked or a coincidence? But I was happy
good luck

hi sweetbaby. Congratulations on your third baby. That caster oil and oj was really funny. Not keen on trying that. Just looking at the combi make me sick already! Anyway, when you gave birth with your second child, was your labour shorter? In one of the articles I read, raspberry has an effect of making the second stage of labour shorter? Is that true? Was it easier?
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...