Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me out a little bit. For the past three or four years, I have been having chronic uti's. They cause me pain on either side. I have seen numerous urologists and have had different diagnosis from each. I was told by one it was simple cystitis w/ infection, the next told me I had kidney stones, performed ivps, ultrasound, vc something (involving a catheter and pictures of my bladder) and a cystoscopy. Following the ultrasound, the technician asked if I have ever had trauma to my left side (i have) but he would say anything else. After the cystoscopy, the urologist told me I had a narrowing of the urethra (which he stretched) and chronic inflammation of the bladder. He said everything should work well now, and would not say anything about the trauma. Now I have yet again been having the kidney pain. I partly wonder if the trauma to my left side may have some part of it. If anyone has any ideas, I would very much appreciate it.

P.S. If family history helps, my grandfather died of a ruptured kidney, kidney stones run on both sides of my family and my sister has interstitial cystitis
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 25th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I'd try some search engines like google or yahoo & start with questions like what causes chronic.....? & is ......... (give single family history issue at a time) hereditary? What are the symptoms of ........(family issue that may be hereditary) ? Can trauma to left side cause chronic .....?
Also there are several health sites like www.Lef.Org (most inc this one sell stuff but you can get information without buying anything) life extension foundation.

Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....